Thread: would 3 speakers sound better than 2 with my amp?

would 3 speakers sound better than 2 with my amp?

Hi everyone!
    hope you are all keeping well in these awful Covid times....

Me: I just do a few bits & pieces of dj type stuff for friends/neighbours so strictky amatuer - hence my question! I just want a slightly better sound / meaning less distortion on the bass units so thought 'spreading the load' may help here.

Equipment:
    Amp: Torque T100 standalone amp
    Speakers: Peavey PVi 10 (x2)

Additional info: I got these v cheap from a guy who was just making some space at home as he was older now and didn't use them (he did a bit of dj'ing in the past but didn't use these anymore). I use my iphone plugged in and Spotify to play requests from friends/neighbours/whoever.

My Q: Could I add a third Peavey PVi10 to give me the same volume but without what is sometimes a but of bass distortion on some tracks? I was recently playing outside just for my neighbours during lockdown to cheer them up on a warm weeken afternoon and I like to do my best within reason.
    I can't justify loads of money - just know I can get another one of these for cheaper than a powered sub plus it might (?) make the sound more evenly spread out in a given venue.

Hope someone can advise here.Many thanks in advance....
    Pete

Your Peavey speakers are bargain basement stuff. So they will never sound good, especially if they are worn out. A third one will not sound good.

Getting a sub and an EQ system / DSP would solve the issue.

But it all comes down to budget. Nothing in life is free. Except playing out to crowds from Spotify. But that is technically illegal...
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix