Thread: Newbie

Heys guys

Im a newbie and need a little direction.i know someone that plays as a resident on radio,does anyone know how i can go into that eventually.. i have been practising a year now.

Thanks in advance

I'll have to say the obvious: call the radio station and ask. Call that someone and ask.

Thread moved to beginners.

Yes pretty obvious ... was looking for a little more guidance ...cant really see me playing tech house and minimal on our local radio stations

You asked how to get a residency on a radio without any other specifics. I'm afraid I am unable to guess those specifics until you mention them.

Record some demo mixes and send them to every other tech house/minimal radio out there. Don't mention that you've been "practising for a year" or you won't get any replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Don't mention that you've been "practising for a year" or you won't get any replies.
    Even if it's spelled correctly.
    I've been practicing for 45 years and I can't DJ for crap.

Mentioning how long you've been practicing is just telling them that you have zero experience.
    It's like asking to drive a car for a racing team and mentioning that you have over 1,000 hours of experience playing F1 2020.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle AjA View Post
    Yes pretty obvious ... was looking for a little more guidance ...cant really see me playing tech house and minimal on our local radio stations
    Don't be discouraged by these answers. The road to success is long and hard. In fact, most do not arrive. Make the commitment, master the skills, do the work, take advantage of opportunities, and you'll be just fine.

Shouldn't you be practicing?
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...