Thread: USB to XLR Output device recommendations

USB to XLR Output device recommendations

Hello and thank you in advance for you advice.

I rented a JBL EON 615 for a family party a while back and thought the speaker was great so I purchased one. I have been using a XLR to 3.5mm cable and it works but the quality is not great and I get a lot of interference. I did some research and it sounds like I need a mixer or Audio Interface to get the best quality. Is there a specific device I should be looking at or what do you recommend? Im just looking for something I can use that is stable, sounds good, and isn't big - Im only driving one JBL EON 615 and just use the speaker on the weekends and family gatherings - no professional events. I guess I can buy a mixer but does that make sense? I have a 2015 MacBook Pro that I will be using to output audio via iTunes.

Ultimately it sounds like I will need a USB to XLR output device?

I just want good sound from this speaker, any quick tips would be greatly appreciated!

What you reauire is called a DAC, with XLR line level output (as opposed to balanced headphone output. There literally thousands out there to choose from for all budgets.

Rather than buy an expensive one I'd save your money for another speaker. So just get something cheap, it will certainly be better than the DAC in your laptop.
    Just check reviews online to find a good cheap one.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Peavy USB-P has USB in and XLR out. Plus a mono-stereo switch, leave in mono mode when you have one speaker connected, switch to stereo if you buy a second speaker.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...BI%3A514&smp=y