Thread: CDJ-350 and A&H Xone23 to Laptop w/ Traktor

CDJ-350 and A&H Xone23 to Laptop w/ Traktor

Hi,

Im by no means a beginner DJ but fancied a change in my setup and wanted to link my Mac to some CDJ's.

Ive recently purchased some CDJ350's which came with an Allen & Heath Xone 23 mixer.

I want to connect this all to Traktor and I've ordered some USB cables to do this.

Is there anything else i need? Ive seen i need to download a MIDI mapping file to use with traktor but will the mixer I'm using work with the setup i want? All the videos i see are using the DJM-350 mixer.

Some people are saying you need a sound card and other are not so wanted to see as they should be arriving tomorrow

I have also got a DJM-400 mixer.

Some help would be much appreciated as I'm worrying when it arrives tomorrow I'm going to have troubles.

Thanks.

If it's 23C you won't be needing soundcard. If it's 23 without C - you'll need one.

Cant i just plug the USB's into my laptop from the CDJ's, configure Traktor accordingly so that the CDJ's are used as midi's and then the mixer to my amplifier for the sound? Sorry if i sound stupid but why no you need a sound card?

@stomp

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    If it's 23C you won't be needing soundcard. If it's 23 without C - you'll need one.
    Actually no, seems you can do HID.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanxwhite View Post
    Cant i just plug the USB's into my laptop from the CDJ's, configure Traktor accordingly so that the CDJ's are used as midi's and then the mixer to my amplifier for the sound? Sorry if i sound stupid but why no you need a sound card?

@stomp
    Yeah, seems possible.

So if i follow the instructions on this link: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/e...TOR-PRO_En.pdf

Everything should work ok with the mixer i currently have? As i said i have an Allen & Heath Xone 23 and also a DJM-400

Quote Originally Posted by ryanxwhite View Post
    So if i follow the instructions on this link: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/e...TOR-PRO_En.pdf

Everything should work ok with the mixer i currently have? As i said i have an Allen & Heath Xone 23 and also a DJM-400
    I'd expect so.