Thread: Reloop Spin - Portablist Turntables any good for beat matching?

Reloop Spin - Portablist Turntables any good for beat matching?

weighing in at only 1.6 kilos, combined with 7" timecode vinyl it would be groovy for bringing to gigs, and not have to take the big heavy technics.

but the main question is are they any good for beatmatching? or even if it was used in tandem with the sync button and use it to nudge the track? (because the pitch rotary knob doesnt look very accurate)
    Last edited by DJ Matt; 05-12-2020 at 06:16 AM.

Can be done. I beatmatched before with tape decks and other things not DJ that had a speed knob. If you know how to beatmatch on a belt driven deck and cope with less ease of use, it shouldn't be a problem.

I would be more concerned about how good they fare with rumble and feedback at gig sound levels.

I once beatmatched a toaster, a washing machine, and a coffee table. No sync!

It can be done if you haz the right skillz.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    I once beatmatched a toaster, a washing machine, and a coffee table. No sync!

It can be done if you haz the right skillz.
    oh well excuuuuuse me.....

i hear they are belt drives, but they might not be that bad. Iv had some not-bad belt drives in the past.
    but my main concern is the pitch knob, looks very very small ,i could see it being a pain in the butt trying to fine tune the pitch, makes me think they are just not really intended for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    I would be more concerned about how good they fare with rumble and feedback at gig sound levels.
    maybe phase DJ would be a good solution to complement these?