Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Musysic MU-D9600 4-Channel Amplifier, it is really Sick!

Update?

Quote Originally Posted by superdj1 View Post
    Ok, so last Saturday I was getting warmed up in the morning for my Zoom party later in the day. So I turned on my Behringer inuke NU4-6000s and I didn't start doing anything when I noticed the 4 red rings on one of the amplifiers. It went into protection mode. These amplifiers are notorious for this. Anyway, I had to improvise with the other 4-channel Nu4-6000 amplifier and luckily the Zoom party was a hit. When the failure occurred, i immediately started looking for a replacement amplifier. At first I was looking for a Behringer to replace it. Then I thought, why stick with a brand that has failed me for the second time? The first time, the amplifier was covered by warranty but the turn time was horrible! Now it is out of warranty, it is a different story. I started looking for something that wouldn't break the bank, then I came across the Musysic MU-D9600.

First of all, I have never heard of this company before last Saturday. When I found this amplifier and read the specs, class d, 2x9600 watts peak at 2 ohms, weighing 11 lbs. I said "Heck no! for $299??" If I got half of that power I would be happy. I started to do some research about the company, found out it is a USA company. So then I looked for reviews, I didn't see any for this model but I saw for some of the lower power amplifiers. They had good reviews. So I figured, for $299 what do I have to lose? I pulled the trigger and the I got the amplifier 5 days later.

Unboxing was nothing special, nothing flashy or impressive. No DSP, or pretty lights on the front, just 4 knobs, 2 lights/channel for signal and clipping. The amplifier is thin, maybe 2inches in height. It came with a manual that has only 4 pages. No accessory added. If you are looking for instructions on how to bridge the amplifier, you will not find it here. Because of my experience with this, I could figure this out. Now here is the best part...The sound. How did it sound? Absolutely amazing! Well beyond what I expected! I would go as far as saying this was pushing much more than the Behringer 6000 watts! I am using this to drive 4x1500 watt speakers and I am super impressed! No clipping, no struggle to push these speakers. But, I would expect that for 2x9600 watts even if it's half of that.

In conclusion, my initial impression of the Musysic MU-D9600 is raw power without flashiness, straight up. Time will tell on how reliable this unit will be. If there is any issue I will be sure to report it here. In the mean time I will monitor and maybe enjoy this Musysic MU-D9600 2x9600 watt class D amplifier.
    Any update on this? Did you give it the test of time? I to have owned this amp and it seems to run according to the stated specs. Don't know why people are so skeptical when something is new and not trending like the commonly owned amps. Behringer was one of these brands people were skeptical on because of the cheap pricing however it's funny to see a whole rack of processing plus amps playing absolutely fine, wonder what most folks thought when they first came out.

I've ran the D9600 for 6 hrs, outdoor, running 18 subs no problem. Hoping its consistent throughout other users

Quote Originally Posted by Chicobk View Post
    I to have owned this amp and it seems to run according to the stated specs.
    'Seems to' isn't the same as 'measures'. When all it takes to confirm any amp's output capability is a $20 DMM there's no reason to rely on 'seems to' as definitive.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Original thread: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...325#post520325

new and not trending like the commonly owned amps. Behringer was one of these brands people were skeptical on because of the cheap pricing however it's funny to see a whole rack of processing plus amps playing absolutely fine

Because trends and specs are two different things. As per Behringer, I was never impressed by neither build or sound quality, or even reliability for that matter. It's cheap for a reason, and Behringer is a multi-recidivist when it comes to copy designs from other brands, making budget imitations using the cheapest components that don't perform like the OG. Not sure why you're using that pseudo-brand as a comparison point to the other amp and drifting away from the actual subject matter you started in the first place...

Like I mentioned in the previous thread, if a cheap Chinese retro-engineered product was performing equal to a more expensive brand, people would know. That's a bit like comparing a Hyundai Genesis and a Mercedes S-class, and basing your opinion on both get you from A to B.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Original thread: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...325#post520325

Because trends and specs are two different things. As per Behringer, I was never impressed by neither build or sound quality, or even reliability for that matter. It's cheap for a reason, and Behringer is a multi-recidivist when it comes to copy designs from other brands, making budget imitations using the cheapest components that don't perform like the OG. Not sure why you're using that pseudo-brand as a comparison point to the other amp and drifting away from the actual subject matter you started in the first place...

Like I mentioned in the previous thread, if a cheap Chinese retro-engineered product was performing equal to a more expensive brand, people would know. That's a bit like comparing a Hyundai Genesis and a Mercedes S-class, and basing your opinion on both get you from A to B.
    I understand what you're saying, Could it be this amp hasn't been fully tested or opened up for inspection inside? It hasn't been out too long so I'm guessing we don't have enough information or reviews to officially write this off? For example, those "good" Chinese replicas, didn't they need some time for users to try them out and compare results before they were known to pass within the industry?

Well I'm not the type of person who's going to buy one and find out heheh Took me a long time enough to be able to afford quality gear and stop compromising. I think that using the words ''good replicas'' is a bit of a contradiction in itself. Cheap Chinese stuff is about to sell as much as possible without worrying about quality or reliability, they produce X amount of the same thing, then move onto the next thing. Websites such as Aliexpress or Wish are full of such junk fakes.

When it comes to the pseudo brands, for all I know ''Musysic'' appears just one of those hundreds of brands, ordering some no brand factory to produce this and that then slap a sticker on top. Nothing new if you know about it, even leading brands image such as (IE) Blaupunkt and Nakamishi have been resold to those cheapo mass market producers in India and China.

didn't they need some time for users to try them out and compare results before they were known to pass within the industry?
    Once again: all it takes to confirm any amp's output capability is a $20 DMM.
    And this: The modules may be capable of that output, but only if the power supply is adequate. One could find out if that's the case if there was a manual that states the ampere power draw, but there is none. It doesn't even have the FTC required ampere power draw shown on the rear panel.

There is only one reason why neither the rear panel nor the manual have the legally required current draw listed: doing so would reveal their power output claims to be patently false. There's no UL approved tag either. That should sound an alarm, potentially a fire alarm.
    Bill Fitzmaurice

To anyone who's still reading this thread.. just remember.. if a deal seems to good to be true, it probably is.
    Nobody has a reason to sell a legit 9600W amplifier for $350.. that kind of deal just doesn't exist.

Sure, there are some Chinese amp brands that are legit.. that have been tested and found to be good quality with honest specs.. but they do not sell for $350.. more like at least 2 to 4 times that price depending on what you get.. which is still cheaper than the equivalent from a well-known major brand. If you want to find amps like that read the various pro sound forums where people with the right equipment test the amps and post results, and you have people bringing racks of them out to large gigs and really seeing what they can do...

If you want great quality at bargain prices with sound gear, buy second hand. There is no such thing as bestest quality for smallest price brand new.

At home I was lucky enough to find a private professional reseller/electronics engineer/repairs who gave me the best deal ever on a second hand amp (Arcam), belonged to an elderly gentleman who barely used it, still had the protection front sticker on it when I got it. Brand new price then was £1.600, got it for £70 with some capacitors upgrades. Came without a remote control but then it was easy to source one. Then found some speakers to go with it at ridiculous prices too, so ridiculous in fact, they have gained and gained more value since I bought them because they're rare... I've seen loads and loads of mega deals on branded gear in many shops. I found my decks from a shop that was reselling from an ex-club, 2 x 1210 + carts + covers + cable upgrade for £140, never seen that sort of price anywhere else and I've been looking for years.
    Last edited by Manu; 05-22-2023 at 10:29 AM.

For example, those "good" Chinese replicas, didn't they need some time for users to try them out and compare results before they were known to pass within the industry?
    The time when we had to try amps and compare results was prior to 1960. It's not a matter of subjective opinion, it's a matter of objective science. The science always works, whether you understand it or not.
    Bill Fitzmaurice