Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Musysic MU-D9600 4-Channel Amplifier, it is really Sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Using 4 PA speakers + subs in one room during a confinement will sound effortless without much effort. There is no diamond in the rough when you buy cheap buy 3 times within 4 years.

But I would say you don't actually know. I don't do seems and random figures, and you are revising that figure down only because I'm pointing it out. I'm terribly sorry, but you do sound like any other sales kid trying to put big numbers up because it sounds impressive.

Well over 30 years of DJing and using more gear than I can remember says let me open it and show you the PCB area that says 200 W. The plug would simply melt with those figures you claim, because U = R x I. You claimed even bigger power figures from that behringer, turns out now you think the less powerful amp is more powerful, because of how 4 PA speakers sound in a living room.

Your review is basically "sounds good to me here's some numbers out of thin air and now I'm going to take those numbers down a bit because they're not true". That is indeed ridiculous.

Take a look from the manufacturer's website.

https://musysic.com/products/musysic...ifier-mu-d9600

Where's the spec sheet. Ah right, can't see it, there is no specs whatsoever except the 2 x 9600 W rubbish

Google that, and see the amount of chinglish crap that comes up.

So that's the description, where is the SNR, where are the true power figures, where is the power consumption, where is the THD, where is the damping factor, what is the freq response? The hell is that thing, nobody knows.

$299

FYI, it is V=I×R. There is also P=V×I. Anyway, I have been djing close to 27 years, so I am not some newbie that knows nothing about djing or equipment. I know that there people here that cannot afford to buy expensive brand equipment so I am doing this review to show that there are possible less expensive options out there that give similar performance and reliability. I know the documentation is really poor and the numbers are inflated but I will give a fair assessment based on performance and reliability over time. My testing is not done in a living room but in open air. My previous review was an initial impression compared to my QSC and other amplifiers that i previously owned. If crashes and burn one day, then i will report it as a piece of crap. So please don't put me down for giving a honest review of something that is different from the norm. I will continue to monitor and report as time goes on.

European: U=RI

US: V=IxR

Same maths

It simply cannot give similar levels of performance if the numbers are inflated. You're apparently basing your review as ongoing until it crashes, so that can apply to any piece of rubbish including the previous amp review that was great until it took a crap on you, twice. Anyway, I have been djing for over 30 years, so I know a thing or two about not getting sucked into the buy cheap buy twice department. I don't touch anything that has not got specs available to read. Good luck.

Well, I challenge you to find a 4 channel 6000 watt or similar amplifier that cost under $1000 that you consider to be good. I think $1000 max is a good price to pay for an amplifier. The choices are very slim so I guess based on the choices I have made so far, anything under this price is garbage which is absurd. For the sake of the members here, with your 30+ years to my 27 years, please point us to something that is better with 4 channels. Find a brand name that makes these type of amplifier. I await your response...

If real quality, branded gear was available at cheap Chinese crap prices, we would all know by now. This isn't a competition about who's able to find the cheapest crap that doesn't default on you. As a reminder, you're the one who pulled out the djing years card.

I don't know if you noticed, but there isn't a single person in this thread who's interested about this amp, let alone the rest of the forums. Besides, how are you going to compare this amp to anything else, when the figures are false from the get go

Quote Originally Posted by superdj1 View Post
    Well, I challenge you to find a 4 channel 6000 watt or similar amplifier that cost under $1000 that you consider to be good. I think $1000 max is a good price to pay for an amplifier. The choices are very slim so I guess based on the choices I have made so far, anything under this price is garbage which is absurd. For the sake of the members here, with your 30+ years to my 27 years, please point us to something that is better with 4 channels. Find a brand name that makes these type of amplifier. I await your response...

Snowballs chance in hell that your amp puts out anywhere NEAR 6000W, I'd be surprised if it can do even half that.

So no, nobody is going to find a 6000W / 4 channel amp for under 1000 new.. because they don't exist. No, yours doesn't count.

But, if u are on a budget there are options.
    Peavey makes some good inexpensive amps.
    You can buy used QSC's or other quality brands
    for very cheap if you know what you're looking for. Last I checked you could get used PLX3002's for around $300 or less.. buy a pair of them! I have three PLX3402's in my racks that I've been flogging for a decade, I bought them used.. they just won't die.

https://www.amazon.com/MUSYSIC-MU-D9.../dp/B07PP5KRC2

4x600W RMS @ 4Ω

4x300W RMS @ 8Ω

Even those figures are likely optimistic. The modules may be capable of that output, but only if the power supply is adequate. One could find out if that's the case if there was a manual that states the ampere power draw, but there is none. It doesn't even have the FTC required ampere power draw shown on the rear panel.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

4x1200 RMS @2 Ohms also. Are these unrealistic numbers? I will test this unit and get real numbers for you, that way we can put this to rest. I didn't think the backlash would be so brutal introducing this amplifier here. My biggest concern since it is so cheap is the longevity. That way if anyone is interested in getting this amplifier, we will have a full understanding of what to expect from this amplifier.

"Snowballs chance in hell that your amp puts out anywhere NEAR 6000W, I'd be surprised if it can do even half that.

So no, nobody is going to find a 6000W / 4 channel amp for under 1000 new.. because they don't exist. No, yours doesn't count.

But, if u are on a budget there are options.
    Peavey makes some good inexpensive amps.
    You can buy used QSC's or other quality brands
    for very cheap if you know what you're looking for. Last I checked you could get used PLX3002's for around $300 or less.. buy a pair of them! I have three PLX3402's in my racks that I've been flogging for a decade, I bought them used.. they just won't die."

I had QSC and Peavey brand amplifiers. Since I am a mobile dj, I got rid of them because of the weight. I wanted the versatility of a 4 channel and light weight. That is why I went with Behringer NU 4-6000. They worked very well for a few years until I recently had 2 failures. Fortunately the failures didn't happen during live performances. I have since bought the Behringer NX4-6000 and Musysic Mu-D9600. So far both have been good and relatively inexpensive. Now if these fail after a short time, then I will just get myself a couple of 4 channel Lab Gruppen.

IMHO the biggest issue is all 4 channels usually share ONE power supply. That's why there is some additional redundancy running two 2-channel amps vs. one 4-channel amp - and if one fails, with some simple moving of the interconnects, you can usually continue, although it might be in Mono.