Ok, so last Saturday I was getting warmed up in the morning for my Zoom party later in the day. So I turned on my Behringer inuke NU4-6000s and I didn't start doing anything when I noticed the 4 red rings on one of the amplifiers. It went into protection mode. These amplifiers are notorious for this. Anyway, I had to improvise with the other 4-channel Nu4-6000 amplifier and luckily the Zoom party was a hit. When the failure occurred, i immediately started looking for a replacement amplifier. At first I was looking for a Behringer to replace it. Then I thought, why stick with a brand that has failed me for the second time? The first time, the amplifier was covered by warranty but the turn time was horrible! Now it is out of warranty, it is a different story. I started looking for something that wouldn't break the bank, then I came across the Musysic MU-D9600.

First of all, I have never heard of this company before last Saturday. When I found this amplifier and read the specs, class d, 2x9600 watts peak at 2 ohms, weighing 11 lbs. I said "Heck no! for $299??" If I got half of that power I would be happy. I started to do some research about the company, found out it is a USA company. So then I looked for reviews, I didn't see any for this model but I saw for some of the lower power amplifiers. They had good reviews. So I figured, for $299 what do I have to lose? I pulled the trigger and the I got the amplifier 5 days later.

Unboxing was nothing special, nothing flashy or impressive. No DSP, or pretty lights on the front, just 4 knobs, 2 lights/channel for signal and clipping. The amplifier is thin, maybe 2inches in height. It came with a manual that has only 4 pages. No accessory added. If you are looking for instructions on how to bridge the amplifier, you will not find it here. Because of my experience with this, I could figure this out. Now here is the best part...The sound. How did it sound? Absolutely amazing! Well beyond what I expected! I would go as far as saying this was pushing much more than the Behringer 6000 watts! I am using this to drive 4x1500 watt speakers and I am super impressed! No clipping, no struggle to push these speakers. But, I would expect that for 2x9600 watts even if it's half of that.

In conclusion, my initial impression of the Musysic MU-D9600 is raw power without flashiness, straight up. Time will tell on how reliable this unit will be. If there is any issue I will be sure to report it here. In the mean time I will monitor and maybe enjoy this Musysic MU-D9600 2x9600 watt class D amplifier.