Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Musysic MU-D9600 4-Channel Amplifier, it is really Sick!

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    29

    Musysic MU-D9600 4-Channel Amplifier, it is really Sick!

    Ok, so last Saturday I was getting warmed up in the morning for my Zoom party later in the day. So I turned on my Behringer inuke NU4-6000s and I didn't start doing anything when I noticed the 4 red rings on one of the amplifiers. It went into protection mode. These amplifiers are notorious for this. Anyway, I had to improvise with the other 4-channel Nu4-6000 amplifier and luckily the Zoom party was a hit. When the failure occurred, i immediately started looking for a replacement amplifier. At first I was looking for a Behringer to replace it. Then I thought, why stick with a brand that has failed me for the second time? The first time, the amplifier was covered by warranty but the turn time was horrible! Now it is out of warranty, it is a different story. I started looking for something that wouldn't break the bank, then I came across the Musysic MU-D9600.

    First of all, I have never heard of this company before last Saturday. When I found this amplifier and read the specs, class d, 2x9600 watts peak at 2 ohms, weighing 11 lbs. I said "Heck no! for $299??" If I got half of that power I would be happy. I started to do some research about the company, found out it is a USA company. So then I looked for reviews, I didn't see any for this model but I saw for some of the lower power amplifiers. They had good reviews. So I figured, for $299 what do I have to lose? I pulled the trigger and the I got the amplifier 5 days later.

    Unboxing was nothing special, nothing flashy or impressive. No DSP, or pretty lights on the front, just 4 knobs, 2 lights/channel for signal and clipping. The amplifier is thin, maybe 2inches in height. It came with a manual that has only 4 pages. No accessory added. If you are looking for instructions on how to bridge the amplifier, you will not find it here. Because of my experience with this, I could figure this out. Now here is the best part...The sound. How did it sound? Absolutely amazing! Well beyond what I expected! I would go as far as saying this was pushing much more than the Behringer 6000 watts! I am using this to drive 4x1500 watt speakers and I am super impressed! No clipping, no struggle to push these speakers. But, I would expect that for 2x9600 watts even if it's half of that.

    In conclusion, my initial impression of the Musysic MU-D9600 is raw power without flashiness, straight up. Time will tell on how reliable this unit will be. If there is any issue I will be sure to report it here. In the mean time I will monitor and maybe enjoy this Musysic MU-D9600 2x9600 watt class D amplifier.

  2. #2
    Moderator pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    old orléans
    Posts
    2,142
    Be very wary of watts numbers on cheap amplifiers.
    That amp does a lot lower RMS into most speakers with a sensible ohm rating.
    And while it is true that class D is super efficient, certainly for their size, they have some drawbacks.

    Still if it sounds good to you compared to your behringer, which probably ran the same tech, then its all good.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

  3. #3
    Banned™ Manu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    On your screen
    Posts
    7,991
    Ebay rubbish, sorry. Nowhere near the "sick" department.

    I started to do some research about the company, found out it is a USA company.
    The offices are located in the USA.

    2x9600 watts
    In your previous post review, just before this one you claimed a 4 channel 12000 watt setup with the "unbelievable" behringer amp thing.

    That failed you twice in 4 years.


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    The offices are located in the USA.
    The guy who wrote their web pages in Chinglish isn't.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

  5. #5
    Banned™ Manu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    On your screen
    Posts
    7,991
    I'd love to open up the hood and point at the PCB corner that says 200W on it.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Ebay rubbish, sorry. Nowhere near the "sick" department.



    The offices are located in the USA.



    In your previous post review, just before this one you claimed a 4 channel 12000 watt setup with the "unbelievable" behringer amp thing.

    That failed you twice in 4 years.

    Hey, I will call it as it is. The Behringer Nu4-6000 performs really well when they work. Yeah, but this last failure left a bitter taste, reliability is an issue. I have never had an amp fail on me period, even the EP series. The EP series was the reason why I got into the Inuke amp. They were very durable, lasted me 10 years before i sold it.
    Well I got this Musysic MU-D9600, so far it seem more powerful than the Behringer. I know 2X9600 watts for this price is not realistic but I would say 2x2400 rms at 4ohms is closer to the true specs. Even with that spec, it is still a bargain. As I said, I will continue to monitor and see how reliable it is over time, so far bang for the buck it is very good so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    I'd love to open up the hood and point at the PCB corner that says 200W on it.
    Definitely not 200 watts. I know you are a skeptic, I am not trying to convince anyone to go buy this amplifier. I am just giving a review on my first impression of it. No frills, just pure power performance. I am comparing to previous QSCs, Peaveys, and Behringers I previously owned, this thing bumps. I will put some hours on this thing and give feedback how well it performs under extreme conditions. It's only 299, so it won't be a big loss if it fails.
    The other reason I got this amp was because it has 4 channels. I don't see any amp besides Lab Gruppen that pushes this kind power in a 4 channel amp. Maybe if this fails, I may just get LG.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
    The guy who wrote their web pages in Chinglish isn't.
    Well, what can I say? I am looking for a diamond in the rough. Time will tell with this amplifier, but initial impression is good right now. This is driving my bass bins right now effortlessly. If it is made in China and gives me reliable performance I won't knock it.
    Last edited by Manu; 05-09-2020 at 03:37 AM. Reason: because 3 x posts need merged

  7. #7
    Banned™ Manu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    On your screen
    Posts
    7,991
    Using 4 PA speakers + subs in one room during a confinement will sound effortless without much effort. There is no diamond in the rough when you buy cheap buy 3 times within 4 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by superdj1 View Post
    seem more powerful [...] but I would say 2x2400 rms at 4ohms is closer to the true specs.
    But I would say you don't actually know. I don't do seems and random figures, and you are revising that figure down only because I'm pointing it out. I'm terribly sorry, but you do sound like any other sales kid trying to put big numbers up because it sounds impressive.


    Definitely not 200 watts. I know you are a skeptic
    Well over 30 years of DJing and using more gear than I can remember says let me open it and show you the PCB area that says 200 W. The plug would simply melt with those figures you claim, because U = R x I. You claimed even bigger power figures from that behringer, turns out now you think the less powerful amp is more powerful, because of how 4 PA speakers sound in a living room.

    Your review is basically "sounds good to me here's some numbers out of thin air and now I'm going to take those numbers down a bit because they're not true". That is indeed ridiculous.

    Take a look from the manufacturer's website.

    https://musysic.com/products/musysic...ifier-mu-d9600


    Where's the spec sheet. Ah right, can't see it, there is no specs whatsoever except the 2 x 9600 W rubbish

    Very high quality Professional Power Amplifier with Crystal Clear Sound quality & Ultra low Noise Amplifier
    Google that, and see the amount of chinglish crap that comes up.

    So that's the description, where is the SNR, where are the true power figures, where is the power consumption, where is the THD, where is the damping factor, what is the freq response? The hell is that thing, nobody knows.

    So I figured, for $299 what do I have to lose?
    $299


    Last edited by Manu; 05-09-2020 at 05:35 AM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,873
    I'd like to see a picture of the amp with the top cover removed. Without a doubt the 9600w thing is complete BS, right on the front of the amp it claims "PMPO" power which is an unrecognized rating with no defined spec... each manufacturer gets to make up whatever number they like. But it wouldn't be hard at all to put four 600w rms digital amp modules inside this case which would still be quite useful. Lets see some pics.

    P.S. Here is a pic of another 1u 4ch digital amp also from a suspected Chinese company I have never heard of, the difference is the power output claims are realistic. Look how packed that case is.

    Last edited by conanski; 05-09-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

  9. #9
    Almost certainly complete garbage and a waste of money.
    Better off with Behringer, which is saying a lot.

    The web site says "it is best for noiseless parties"
    Last edited by light-o-matic; 05-09-2020 at 07:10 PM.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    360
    IMHO, all the current manufacturers use BS ratings, some just worse than others. Also IMHO, the only true test these days is how much voltage the amp will swing across an 8 ohm load.

    The NU4-6000 (which is really two iNuke 3000's in one case) is probably good for about 49/50 volts per channel. If you know how, you could test this new amp against the still working channels of the NU-6000.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
a