Thread: Plugins

Plugins

Does anyone know of any plugins you can use with traktor pro 3? Basically what i looking for is to give the music an extra push, yet still keeping it from distorting.

If you're in the red you're doing it wrong. There isn't a plugin to alleviate that.

Thread moved to digital tools.

While Traktor doesn't support plugins, it has a limiter on its output. As such, Traktor allows DJs to get the "extra push" in their mixes. If you give the music a shove, the limiter will squeeze the dynamics out of the mix. YMMV.

Manu is absolutely on the mark: Don't mix in the red - meaning beyond 0db. That's when the limiter kicks in to prevent digital distortion.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

The concept is completely ridiculous because of two little details.

The listener is the person who decides how loud, and chooses the amount of volume accordingly.

If playing live, you're basically, and physically pushing the speakers beyond what they are designed to do. Hence you're creating physical distortion when trying to bypass signal distortion. No dynamics means the speaker is unable to go from position A to position B within a limited amount of time given.

Whenever I hear such overcompressed/limited sounds, my ear drums feel like going next door. You can't bend physics beyond tolerances.
    Last edited by Manu; 05-01-2020 at 07:58 AM.

Hey thanks, Manu. I totally agree. I'm new to the game and I have a lot to learn.

Thanks!

Get the best sound possible out of your unit, then you let the amp/speakers to deliver the amount of volume

There's that sentence in the world of sound engineering and DJing, "less is more".
    Last edited by Manu; 05-01-2020 at 11:38 AM.