Thread: Cortex Mix RU1 1 rack space mixer - pot problem

Cortex Mix RU1 1 rack space mixer - pot problem

Hi all,

I have a Cortex Mix RU1 mixer. For a while, one of the pots (potentiometer) has been messed up. The volume will jump around as I turn it. Also, it crackles when touched. I tried contact cleaner, but it didn't help. I've decided to go ahead and look into replacing the pot, but when looking into any assets offered by Cortex, I've found that this company seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. So I was wondering, anyone have a schematic or parts list for the mixer? And bonus kuddos for any info on whatever the hell happened to cortex...Thanks all!

I'm pretty sure there's a rather generic pot in there. If you could open the unit up and snap a picture we could probably help you find something that fits. Preferably a pic where we can see the numbers on the back of the pot.

Cortex was part of GCI technologies, whos main brand is Gemini. I just think they decided it was a bit confusing with two brand names in the same category of products, so they moved the Cortex stuff over to the Gemini brand.