Thread: AMD vs Intel chip for Rekordbox.

AMD vs Intel chip for Rekordbox.

Hi, I am looking to get a new Lap top, the one I am looking at has the Newest AMD chip which from my understanding is performing better then the Intel at the moment. I see Rekordbox at least in the passed has had mixed reviews with AMD chip. I am not a computer guy but I am nor understanding how they still could if the AMD is performing so well.

Thanks

AMD had some bugs when they first came out with their 1st gen Ryzen chips but I think they pretty much fixed them.
    I have a 3700x and I haven't had any trouble with any programs.

You have ran Rekordbox with the AMD Chip?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
    ...my understanding is performing better then the Intel...
    Just to clarify, Pioneer does not support Rekordbox on AMD chipsets. So it may or may not work -and if it doesn't work, Pioneer simply refuses to help.

Serato used to have this stance about 5 years ago. About 3 years ago, they started to support AMD chipsets.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

For now, it is always safer to choose Intel over AMD if you are going to want to hook up external hardware to your computer.
    Currently, a lot of hardware companies release drivers for Intel before drivers for AMD since Intel is the more common CPU.

As AMD's popularity grows that is becoming less of an issue each year.
    And AMD's popularity could even surpass Intel.

If you can find a similarly priced Intel laptop I would get the Intel laptop especially if you plan on hooking it up to a Pioneer DDJ.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Right now I am using Rekordbox/ DJ with a Toshiba LapTop from 2010 running an Intel chip and it seems to run with out any issues. I am not a real computer guy but I really like what I am seeing with the AMD chip that just came out and I may take my chances, I am still a month or two out from buying a lap top and I will talk to the place I am thinking of getting it from and seeing if they can build one similar but with an Intel chip. The place Came highly recommended and I believe they will build custom spec set ups.

It's not so much the CPU as it is the motherboard USB interface. From my experience it's been a real shame to try and use any USB Audio Interface on an AMD CPU. That being said, I haven't used a Ryzen CPU. I'm hoping to build a gaming PC in the future that I could eventually switch some production stuff (like maschine) over to that computer. Good to know the 3700x has been strong HBBoogie
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Did someone mention hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRCK View Post
    am not brony.