Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixcloud jumped on the live video stream hype

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    thats a pity you cant store video mixes legitimately even if its just a video of yourself and your own graphics :-( im a VJ and its a big part of what i do...hopefully some day the legality will change.
    oh well, what can you do. at least mixcloud have done what no one else has done, and given us a legit place to broadcast to

This is the issue, someone really needs to take the mantle from Facebook for this kind of thing. Facebook is nothing but a dying platform that middle aged angry people use to argue about politics, and pretty much any other subject they can get their hands on. I deleted mine just over a year ago and ive never been happier.

Couple the above with the fact FB try their hardest to pull down any type of video with music on, unless you are a famous DJ or the Boiler Room of course then suddenly there isnt a problem, it makes you wonder if there is a real licensing issue when Roger Sanchez can play what he likes on there yet DJ xyz from wherever cant stream for longer than 10 minutes without having the feed cut off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

Not sure if this is open to all users although I doubt it.

I had that generation of urei mixer. Fun to use. Bright sound.
    My production tips thread. On my production philosophy, techniques, and concepts
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...roduction-Tips

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post
    thats a pity you cant store video mixes legitimately even if its just a video of yourself and your own graphics :-( im a VJ and its a big part of what i do...hopefully some day the legality will change.
    oh well, what can you do. at least mixcloud have done what no one else has done, and given us a legit place to broadcast to
    The creator of this site - https://cue.live/ - put in a ton of work and his own dough to make this licensed platform. Royalties paid via SoundExchang for tracks that get played.

Just wanted to though that out there. I already tried to get DJF to join while they were still growing but that went nowhere and until Mixcloud jumped in the ring, it was the only place offering that.

The creator of this site - https://cue.live/ - put in a ton of work and his own dough to make this licensed platform. Royalties paid via SoundExchang for tracks that get played.

Just wanted to though that out there. I already tried to get DJF to join while they were still growing but that went nowhere and until Mixcloud jumped in the ring, it was the only place offering that.
    ok, i hadnt realised there were others out there doing it.
    do they have a similar setup to mixcloud. ie: video streaming, but stores audio only?
    Last edited by DJ Matt; 05-04-2020 at 02:56 PM.

do they have a similar setup to mixcloud. ie: video streaming, but stores audio only?
    Audio only (with chatrooms) but there were talks about adding video later. I rather audio only since I don't have time to watch someone for hours and i'm usually on the app which
    I can keep in the BG and use other apps since its not a video.

Audio only (with chatrooms) but there were talks about adding video later. I rather audio only since I don't have time to watch someone for hours and i'm usually on the app which
    I can keep in the BG and use other apps since its not a video.
    maybe I'm just a visual thinker (i know i am) but as i said above to me it does add to the experience if you can see the DJ in question. you got some guys who have very impressive record collection behind them, being able to see that while listening, i think commands a certain respect. also when you see them its like..."oh its that guy again".

but then again the idea of being only able to transmit video live, can have a good side to it. if your listeners want to see you they HAVE to catch it live, and it also means we have to make our live shows be just as good in audio as in video which is no harm. video after all can be a distraction too.
    Last edited by DJ Matt; 05-04-2020 at 04:18 PM.

maybe I'm just a visual thinker (i know i am) but as i said above to me it does add to the experience if you can see the DJ in question. you got some guys who have very impressive record collection behind them, being able to see that while listening, i think commands a certain respect. also when you see them its like..."oh its that guy again".
    100% agree - some setups or venues/festivals should be on cam, if they put the time into production and decorations, or just massive collection or equipment like you mentioned. I just don 't have the time to stare at a live video for an our. I'll reserve that for my TV shows

With that said, I setup my Mixcloud Live to just stream my sets all day or for as love as the PC is on and running. https://www.mixcloud.com/live/rekaviles/