Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Re-Registered after a few years

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Darlington England
    Posts
    1,693

    Re-Registered after a few years

    Hi all, ive just re-registered after a few years of not being on the forum, whats the place like these days? are people still posting mixes? (i still have loads of DJF members mixes on my SD card in the car). I always assumed with DJing being huge now that somewhere like this would be mega busy, i guess a lot of people just stick to the usual social media channels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

  2. #2
    Member Jimanee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere
    Posts
    710
    No idea, have only just popped back myself. I've had a three year break, then a resurgence of gigs, which then collapsed, now Covid. Your gigs on hold as well I presume?

  3. #3
    Moderator pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    old orléans
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimanee View Post
    No idea, have only just popped back myself. I've had a three year break, then a resurgence of gigs, which then collapsed, now Covid. Your gigs on hold as well I presume?
    Welcome back.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ STU-C View Post
    whats the place like these days? .
    dead
    not sure about mixes, but in terms of discussions its not the place it once was unfortunately
    pity because it has been a great source of discussion, and information over the years

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Darlington England
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Welcome back.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Darlington England
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post
    dead
    not sure about mixes, but in terms of discussions its not the place it once was unfortunately
    pity because it has been a great source of discussion, and information over the years
    Yeah ive been perusing and it is a shame how quiet it is, seeing as the DJ world is thriving so much you would expect more traffic.. i dont think they ever recovered from that forum change/shutdown that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

  7. #7
    Member Jimanee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ STU-C View Post
    i dont think they ever recovered from that forum change/shutdown that happened.
    True, lost so much content too

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
a