Thread: Help Portable vs Normal TT

Help Portable vs Normal TT

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a turntable to learn to scratch on, I had originally looked at a Numark PT01 Scratch, pre-modded with a JesseDean fader, tonearm, new cart and platter stabiliser & ortofon cart/stylus. It comes in at around £310(UK).

My other option I thought of reloop rp7000mk2 which comes in at around £395 to £430(UK).

I can't decide which would be best, and would be interested in views.

I don't really need the portability of the PT01- but i kind of liked the small form and 7" scratching idea of the numark, and have been sort of drawn into liking the idea of that. It will also fit alot better into the small space i have.

But alot of people have been telling me buying a normal deck makes more sense.

I wondered on views? and is one better than the other for learning on?

Mixer wise i already have a Akai AMX & Serato DVS which i was planning on using if i got the reloop and using it in thru mode on serato.

thanks for your time

The reloop rp7000 are super oem from Hanpin electronics which are used in a lot of other turntables like the stanton str8-150's, Audio technica ATLP-1240, Pioneer PLX-1000 ect...

They're pretty good. I had a pair of Stanton ST-150's for well over 10 years no problems.