Yeah, you read the title right.
Just found them in the bin.
I instinctively took them out and tested them. They spin, the pitch holds perfectly.. damn.
Done some research and know where they come from. A bankrupt little local radiostation had them stored in a garage for years and someone cleared after owner passed away.
No i want to refurbish them ofcourse.

Ive been a Technohead since early nineties.. done some DJ'ng but never had the money to get the Technics decks.. always played local.. for friends.. and once for a bigger club in Belgium.. Bocaccio.

Thrilled of getting them for free in somehow working order but esthetically ravaged.

The logic would be to first restore till functional and then get on the esthetics.
Seen some pretty nice refurbishments in the sticky thread.
Ultimatly the aluminium chassis need to be replaced.. original new are somehow too expensive.
So a refurbished powdercoated chassis would do it, but since i have the chassis i can have those being done right?
Might be able to pull that off by myself but then the original text would be gone.
Haven't seen where you can buy the text or letters. Also in the sticky refurbish thread i saw lazer printed technics text for the deck.
Where to buy?

Lots of questions and unknowns.. but worth the try to get them back to life..