Thread: Speakers for a 12 year old Dj

Speakers for a 12 year old Dj

Hi guys!
    I am planning to buy a gift for a friend of mine, I already gave him a dj controller Pioneer Ddj ergo limited, he likes DJ'ing, he started playing forhis friends/class mates...he currently has a no name cheap little speaker and I was thinking to buy a set of RCF Art 735-A Mk4
    Also, after a lot of reading and YouTube videos, I understood that he might also need a subwoofer...
    Question 1 will RCF SUB 702-A II active subwoofer be to small for the 15"tops? / is it worth adding it? ( I chose this model because it's only 19kg almost any other sub is more than 25-30kg)
    Do you think the speakers I am looking at are a good choice? Last week I almost clicked buy on a Mackie SRM650 pair
    P.s. I am a complete beginner

Also got him a Mackie profx4 v2, I just need to decide on the speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Calin View Post
    Hi guys! Question 1 will RCF SUB 702-A II active subwoofer be to small for the 15"tops? / is it worth adding it? ( I chose this model because it's only 19kg almost any other sub is more than 25-30kg)
    Do you think the speakers I am looking at are a good choice? Last week I almost clicked buy on a Mackie SRM650 pair
    P.s. I am a complete beginner
    15" tops are designed to be run without a subwoofer.
    If you are running a subwoofer your tops should be 12", 10", or 8" since the subs are handling all the bass.
    15" tops with a subwoofer not only sounds worse but adds extra weight and extra cost.

Ideally an 8" would probably sound the best but they aren't that common. So I would recommend two 10" tops with a 12" subwoofer or a 15" subwoofer.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

BTW
    The most common is 12" tops with a 15" or 18" subwoofer or subwoofers.

That is because 12" tops sound pretty good on their own. So for smaller gigs you don't need to take your subwoofer with you.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.