Thread: Hardware Replacement for Traktor X1 MK1 other than MK2

Hardware Replacement for Traktor X1 MK1 other than MK2

Hey guys,
    I am getting back into mixing for fun and after I upgraded to OS Catalina I found out that my X1 MK1 will not work anymore. I am still miffed that my perfectly working X1 MK1 is a paperweight but I get that things have to move forward and away from legacy devices. I used it quite a bit for FX and Loading Tracks and Jumping to Hot Cues, on the go loops etc

Besides the X1 Mk2, What are my other options for a controller that goes with Traktor 3 (I upgraded) so that I can load tracks, use hot cues and preset loops, as well as control effects?

Just seeing what my options are for the money. I am just a home/basement dj and I don't want to throw down money on high end gear if it will go to waste when I mix and scratch for fun.

Thanks

PS. I did a search for Traktor X1 Alternatives and had issues finding any threads. pls correct me if I am wrong.

The X1 MK1 can be put into MIDI mode (instead of the default HID mode). It will continue to work, but the buttons may not light up. Look for a Traktor MIDI mapping for it.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    The X1 MK1 can be put into MIDI mode (instead of the default HID mode). It will continue to work, but the buttons may not light up. Look for a Traktor MIDI mapping for it.
    Thanks again KLH. I will search around.