Thread: !! 20 year search for this breaks/big beat/hip hop tune heard in 1999...please help

!! 20 year search for this breaks/big beat/hip hop tune heard in 1999...please help

Here goes: it's a tune I used to hear played out regularly by the resident DJ in a club called Nutonik, Birmingham, UK,
    in 1999/2000. I've been searching for it unsuccessfully ever since. I once heard a snippet of it at the end of one of
    those TV ad for dance CD compilations that were so popular in the 90s, so I know it's not a completely obscure
    white label or whatever... It must have had a proper release.

It was a hip hop tempo breaks tune with a huge electronic bassline and old fashioned female jazz singer style
    vocals. I've no idea what the lyrics were.

I've hastily bashed together a few bars I remade from memory for you good people to listen to.

https://voca.ro/ifa427TqqLi

(In bars 5 and 7 the high pitched melody I've put in was actually female vocals singing
    "la-la-la-la-laa-laaaa", and that was basically the song's hook).

Any suggestions welcome. I just hope that when/if I get it successfully ID'd I still like it as much as I did back
    then... Please help!

You'd have to be some musical DJ genius to guess the track from that description.

oh yeah its here

bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

YYEEESSSSSSSSSS! You absolute musical DJ genius! Words cannot describe your skillz!

Thank you Pete, you have just made my whole year. Now I can pretend like its 99 and I'm still 18!

And yes, the description WAS comically bad.

Cheers dude.

you're welcome.

to be fair your description was light years ahead of most track requests. you even managed to program the bassline from memory, kudos!

also your internet post after 20 years landed on the right ears, cos I used to work for the seller of this track years ago....random...
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix