Thread: OBS sound problem

OBS sound problem

Hi,

I guess this is the right place to post if not please feel free to move it.

I am trying to figure out a way to stream my mixes online via Instagram. I am using a pair of pioneer cdj 850 a Pioneer DJM 250 mixer and I have monitor and pa speakers. The monitor speakers have a basic set of inputs and the pa just have xlr. I have have a Focusrite Scarlett recording box that goes into my mixer and I can use to record clean audio on my laptop. I also have a little numark serato controller that I can plug directly into my pc and record on it I guess, I haven't tried, anyway I want to somehow record my sets with clean audio and video to Instagram live.

I have tried to plug the cable that came with the numark serato into my headphone jack in on my phone then plugged the RCA cables into the master 2 on my mixer and used my PA speakers as my output speakers and then used my phone to record the video but the mic on my phone was still picking up background noises. I have tried using OBS and yellow duck to run a stream through my laptop but I only got video no audio. I can;t figure it out.

Do I need to get some more hardware, am I not setting it up right?
    Last edited by Manu; 04-01-2020 at 04:24 AM. Reason: thread title edited

you need a thing called the "IK Multimedia iRig " it has a 1/8th inch jack with 4 rings on it instead of 3, and that 4th ring is what your phone recognises as a mic and this will override the built in mic on the phone and give you clean audio
    Last edited by DJ Matt; 03-31-2020 at 08:40 PM.

^^^^^^ iphones only, not compatible with android. He did not specify what phone he has.

Besides, it still is trying to fit a 180 mV stereo line signal into a mono 40 mV mic input.

thread moved to

"beginners"

Title edited for lack of being specific.

Please post in "beginners", when asking beginner questions.

Two new fresh threads below this one with the exact same questions.
    Last edited by Manu; 04-01-2020 at 08:17 AM.