Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trance Vinyl...wheres it at?

Trance Vinyl...wheres it at?

Is it just me or is most new trance not available on vinyl anymore? I usually use juno since i get a lot of deep/tech house/techno/etc from em, and would really love to continue the all vinyl route, but there's been like 8 or 9 new releases in 8 weeks. I checked out a few of the sites listed in the record shop list, and google, but it seems my fears are true.....unless someone here can point me in the right direction??

maybe I'll just have to break down and buy a couple cdjs

buy cdj's. i think perhaps it will become harder to find trance on vinyl. I know a lot of psy trance (goa) doesnt even go to vinyl. so many producers are just making and releasing good tracks on their own not even bothering about getting it released officially.

the big trance names- armin, tiesto etc are all using cdjs... maybe you can too

vinyl is hard to find now, u can try hard to find records, juno, satellite and discogs. but as far as new releases idk....good luck?
    2 x Technics 1200 M3D, Allen & Heath Xone:22, Akai LPD8, Audio 10, TSP2, Kontrol S4, Maschine, Macbook Pro MD314LL
    My Soundcoud | Battle Record:1 Win 1 Loss

Its nice to have the feeling of holding a piece of music in your hands. But I dont think I have seen much at all on Vinyl recently, its all digital now.
    Kit: Ableton Suite 8, Traktor Pro 2, KRK RP8, KRK KNS 6400, PC, Allen and Heath Xone 4D, Mashcine, other random midi devices.
    Genres: Music (mostly trance)

you can still hold the cd... or the usb drive...

I know what Dave means. You can burn multiple cds, you can copy mp3's, however you can't really copy your vinyl. you can hold your vinyl and feel the ridges, feel the music. know that you physically own something. i miss that. i still buy from discogs but when i do i binge and my wife hates it lol!!
    2 x Technics 1200 M3D, Allen & Heath Xone:22, Akai LPD8, Audio 10, TSP2, Kontrol S4, Maschine, Macbook Pro MD314LL
    My Soundcoud | Battle Record:1 Win 1 Loss

I would love to buy trance on vinyl, but as mantis said, alot of trance doesn't even make it to cd, let alone vinyl.

Vinyl + Trance = Ø

There was a time... but that time is long gone.
    DJF Trance Champion 2012
    Sedna - DJ & Producer
    <-- Click it
    Do you believe in a God that tells you lies, or do you believe in me?

What's not available on vinyl is not worth to be played

Quote Originally Posted by Kov View Post
    What's not available on vinyl is not worth to be played
    I like your way of thinking ....guess I'll just save up for a pair of cdj's. Don't have anything against em, in fact, a couple cdj-2000's would look awesome next to the techs. A pair of used 1000's might be a little more realistic for now though