Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJM 450/ Rekordbox key question

DJM 450/ Rekordbox key question

Hi, I am looking at purchasing a DJM-450 mixer from a local person who never ended up buying the rest of the gear and using it. He say's he can't find the Rekordbox code. Is this something I could get without a fee? What versions would I need for Vinyl / Technique 1200 use? How would I go about getting the Software.

I called Pioneer and they were Zero help.

Do you guys know what versions it came with?

Thanks

Rekordbox Set up questions in windows.

Hi, I purchased a DJM 450 to use with Tech Tables and control vinyl and real vinyl. I am waiting for it to arrive this week.
    Does the manual explain what programs I need to down load? Should I update the firmware in it?
    Any set up tips for the software Would be great, I am using a windows system, Win 7 and Win 10.
    I looked on the website and I see there is different versions and what not, I only plan to use Control Records and real records at this time.
    Thank you

haha dude, u already asked ths on original thread!
    Dj FaRhAn
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.
    My mixes

Yeah I made the post here thinking it would get a bit more traffic but Doesn't seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
    Does the manual explain what programs I need to down load?
    You mean, you did not read it?

He say's he can't find the Rekordbox code. Is this something I could get without a fee?

No.

I see there is different versions and what not - I am using a windows system, Win 7 and Win 10
    I do not know if you're running windows 7 on 32 or 64 bit. You do not specify if this is going on one computer or two separate computers.

I am guessing that the firmware update listing you have seen, should come with a compatibility list and minimum requirements, like any other software.

Should I update the firmware in it?
    See above.

Threads merged. Please avoid to crosspost in the future, there is not need to make a thread with the same questions every two days. People usually won't give detailed advice about such and such regarding someone having issues on gear they did not buy yet, especially obvious ones regarding software licencing. Again, reading the manual is something nobody can do for you.
    Last edited by Manu; 03-28-2020 at 07:31 AM.

I was looking to buy it but I did not want to if I had to buy Key since it would then not make it worth it, The guy said he lost the key but never hooked up the mixture true or not I do not know. I did end up buying new and Received it after I made the post so I will read the Manual of course.
    I like to ask questions because people some times have great little hints that really help.
    Win 7 is 64 Bit Win 10 i am not sure at this point it is a HP Omen Lap top.
    I made post in different sections because different people tend to frequent different sections on certain forums so they may not see it and it seemed to fit in both but I can try to avoid that on this forum.
    It seems FB based chats are becoming more popular with more traffic, I myself prefere these types of forums and I would like to see the traffic pick back up on these.

Reason I ask about firmware on certain devices it is recommended not to update unless you have issues.

Thanks

Programs usually install themselves, and will let you know if the version is not compatible.

Nobody is going to be able to solve issues that you have not had yet. I would suggest that you make threads about actual issues regarding equipment that you own and got stuck with. Otherwise it is a bit of a matter of putting the horse before the cart.

Reason I ask about firmware on certain devices it is recommended not to update unless you have issues.
    Exactly my point. Please report if you find any issues AFTER you have encountered them. In the meanwhile, it is up to you to read the manual, and be ready with your newly acquired knowledge for when the mixer actually turns up.

In a nutshell:

Does the manual explain what programs I need to down load?
    Yes, Chapter 06, "Using Recordbox" and Chapter 07, "Using the DVS system"

Should I update the firmware in it?
    When pioneer publishes firmware updates on their products, it is usually to rectify previous issues.

I called Pioneer and they were Zero help.
    Companies usually do not follow up about non- existent issues regarding equipment AND software that you don't own ( including "do not own yet"). They have quite a few more or less obvious reasons for that.

I hope you did not ask them on how to get free software or how to get around the recordbox key... And I really, really hope you did not ask them if their manual explains it.
    Last edited by Manu; 03-28-2020 at 10:27 AM.

I am not looking in anyway if I could get free software, I was wondering if there was a way to recover it if lost. I am in no way a freeloader or would ever expect something for nothing.

I have the unit sealed in the box but i do not have a manual besides a 4 page quick start guide. I will look online for a full version if there is one. Do you happen to know if there is? Thank you

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support...mixer/djm-450/

As above, it should list everything on how to setup properly etc... No problem.

take a look at the pdf online and u will see 2 sections dedicated to setting up rekordbox and the dvs setup
    Dj FaRhAn
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.
    My mixes