Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Control Vinyl (CV) collectors unite!

Talking Control Vinyl (CV) collectors unite!

Who here collects them?

Last edited by farhanashraf; 08-15-2020 at 11:44 PM.

Thread moved to accessories.

hey thanks!

I don't have mine at home yet (cause technically they're not mine yet, my dad used to collect vinyl records back in the day and with my next trip back home planned next month, I'm gonna finally inherit them from good old dad). But honestly I can't wait, I want to do a nice setup in the living room and just make a neat vintage decor, a real 70's, 80's feel to it all. Until I get my hands on those records, I'm looking to get a turntable to listen to them on. Found a few I like here https://popular.reviews/turntable/, if you have some input in turntables, please help a brother out! Nothing too expensive, trying to save cash cause I want to remodel the living room. Just a neat system that looks on par with that era and that I can listen to my tracks on. (My budget is around $250-$300). TIA! Nice collection, btw!

^ thats awesome! i would recommend starting a thread and getting some suggestions from other members. they might not necessarily see your post here but your thread should come useful to you!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanGH View Post
    I don't have mine at home yet (cause technically they're not mine yet, my dad used to collect vinyl records back in the day and with my next trip back home planned next month, I'm gonna finally inherit them from good old dad). But honestly I can't wait, I want to do a nice setup in the living room and just make a neat vintage decor, a real 70's, 80's feel to it all. Until I get my hands on those records, I'm looking to get a turntable to listen to them on. Found a few I like here https://popular.reviews/turntable/, if you have some input in turntables, please help a brother out! Nothing too expensive, trying to save cash cause I want to remodel the living room. Just a neat system that looks on par with that era and that I can listen to my tracks on. (My budget is around $250-$300). TIA! Nice collection, btw!
    If you just need a turntable to listen to records, any turntable that has a removable head shell will play your records just fine, assuming you have a decent cartridge and have everything adjusted correctly. Get your records as clean as possible for the best sound.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanGH View Post
    All of those things listed in that link are utter, utter garbage crapolissimo bottom barrel crap, sorry. For a 300 budget, you could easily score some much better second hand, genuine quality turntables.

Also, if you require advice on turntables, it's better to start your own thread, rather than piggyback on a thread about Control vinyl.

I absolutely do not recommend buying a turntable based on how it looks, especially in the fake vintage department. All those crappy cheap tonearms and cartridges not only will sound rubbish, they will also damage your records every time you play them.

Best vintage turntables
    None of those are vintage, all are cheap Chinese built to the cheapest specification.The person who did the writing is a fake and a conman.

PROS

Features two built-in 5-watt speakers for impeccable audio quality

Needle lifespan is increased by the automatic stop function

Knob volume control for easy manipulation of sound level

Stylist is easily removable and replaceable
    A stylist.

5 watt speakers for impeccable audio

I'm done.
    Last edited by Manu; 03-24-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    A stylist.
    I'm hoping that the word was due to spell-check... but still.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Click on the link, it's a copy paste blog made by someone trying to flog crapola stuff. The direct links are obvious.

The "stylist" thing is just one of those making it painfully obvious the writer does not have a clue, on top of describing all those turds as good vintage quality, it ain't nothing but...

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Click on the link, it's a copy paste blog made by someone trying to flog crapola stuff. The direct links are obvious.

The "stylist" thing is just one of those making it painfully obvious the writer does not have a clue, on top of describing all those turds as good vintage quality, it ain't nothing but...
    I actually just scanned the article to find the "stylist" link. Now that I started to actually read it...

You were right.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...