Thread: Automation in Garageband - Fade in/Out?

Automation in Garageband - Fade in/Out?

I am a GB user for a long time now. There was nothing complicated about it apart from figuring out automation. For instance I want to write automation to a song so that it fades in and out. Is it a real feature in Garageband or I am missing something? Thanks

There is an option to enable automatic fade out the song. You can enable it by going to the “Mix” from the toolbar and then click on “Volume Fae Out”, this should fade your song out. I don’t know about fade in.

Also, did you try to run GarageBand on windows? I am not able to do so on my machine, I don’t think there is any way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rold1940 View Post
    There is an option to enable automatic fade out the song. You can enable it by going to the “Mix” from the toolbar and then click on “Volume Fae Out”, this should fade your song out. I don’t know about fade in.

Also, did you try to run GarageBand on windows? I am not able to do so on my machine, I don’t think there is any way around it.
    Thanks @Rold1940, I will try it. For windows, Use Virtual Box or Vmware to use the garageband for windows pc. it support all kind of windows including the latest version of windows 10. Here is the complete guide on that where steps are well explained. Cheers!

I googled this:

Automation in Garageband - Fade in/Out
    As expected, google gave me everything needed. Including the manual, and many tutorial videos.

https://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.3/

Garageband being pretty much Logic Pro lite, it's the same process for automation.