Thread: Serato help: could anyone help me get up and running?

Serato help: could anyone help me get up and running?

im a virtual dj user, but i need to get to know serato so that i can stand in occasionally for a dj friend.

i download serato intro, and well.....straight out of the box, it doesnt look like serato, no decks, nothing. and im confused about even how to load up my music into it and how to load the music into the decks etc.
    i have tried, i loaded a folder into the browser, but its only showing one song for some reason. when in fact their are hundreds in that folder.

any kind soul there willing to share some experience? and explain to me how to get up and running?

Last edited by DJ Matt; 02-13-2020 at 01:22 PM.

alright, i realised now, it doesnt show you the features until you connect your controller

and it doesnt see your music in folders, you have to creat crates in order to use the music....

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post
    alright, i realised now, it doesnt show you the features until you connect your controller
    And sometimes even that doesn't work with some AMD computers. (Only with Serato DJ. Serato Scratch Live doesn't have any compatibility issues that I know of.) It's one of the reasons I'm getting an i5 computer when I get my tax refund this year.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post
    It's actually not the controller per say, but the external sound card - whether in the controller or separate (like a Rane SL2 or Denon DS1).
    ...and because that's what acts as a "dongle" to activate the software, do yourself a favor and use a short, high quality USB cable especially if it's a USB port powered controller.

""....i can stand in occasionally for a dj friend"

Ask your friend for assistance? Goto venue he's playing and watch? Get some OJT?

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    And sometimes even that doesn't work with some AMD computers.
    This is due to their stance back in the Athlon XP days when ITCH was getting off the ground. Even then, it's not that ITCH or even SL didn't work with AMD CPUs, it's that Serato didn't support you if you run into issues with AMD CPUs.

They've since reverse course with Serato DJ:

We do support use of Serato DJ with computers running AMD processors however if you are having constant performance issues please consider checking if your computer is meeting the minimum system requirements.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...