Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mackie SRM450v3 Advice

You need the TRS version...
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by triflehead View Post
    ...but looking online the jack end sometimes has two rings on them and some have a single ring... so I am not which to get...
    Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    You need the TRS version...
    The TRS (two rings on the tip) to XLR adapter is what you need. This is a balanced connection. Here's a pic:

-KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

That’s brilliant thanks for confirming that... I am such a noob! Lol

So am I right in thinking on the Mix5 that I connect my iPod into the red white marked ‘IN’... press the button marked ‘TO MAIN’ then use a combination of the iPod itself and volume control by where it says main mix? I am getting there slowly lol

Quote Originally Posted by triflehead View Post
    So am I right in thinking on the Mix5 that I connect my iPod into the red white marked ‘IN’... press the button marked ‘TO MAIN’ then use a combination of the iPod itself and volume control by where it says main mix? I am getting there slowly lol
    You've got it!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

That’s brill! Got there in the end lol.

The reason I am getting a mixer is because I tried the method of hooking the iPod directly into one speaker with RCA connection then daisy chaining it to the next speaker but I noticed when no sound was playing the white noise (fuzzy sound) in the second speaker seemed quite louder than the one the iPod was connected to, leading me to believe that it must put an amplified signal through the THRU connection leading to the signal being amplified twice which I can’t see being a good thing... not sure though... could you explain any other reason it would do this?

And the method using the jack to double Xlr splitter would result in me using about 7 meters worth of unbalanced cable which looking online and these forums is never a good move in general.

Also I noticed when testing the speaker the other day that the limit LED on one speaker illuminated for a few seconds even though no sound was playing through the system... I’m not sure if this means the speaker could be faulty or whether it just picked up some noise possibly...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    The TRS (two rings on the tip) to XLR adapter is what you need. This is a balanced connection. Here's a pic:

Do you know where I can buy it? is it available in amazon?
    Love!

The logo and picture web address suggests that this cable comes from Monoprice.

You will find something on amazon if you use their search bar.