Thread: Vestax PMC 26 - buzzing speakers / over powering on line-out

Vestax PMC 26 - buzzing speakers / over powering on line-out

I've recently acquired a Vestax PMC 26 is very good condition and it has a buzzing problem on line-out. I tested on 3 different amps. Two of them are class-D and one is an old Harmon Kardon AM/FM receiver from the 80's. The main class D I'm trying to use is 125watts x2 channel to some big vintage B&W 3000's. When I put the master above 1 to 1.5-2 there is a full on buzz and the speakers are pulsating sounds like sh*t. It sounds perfect on headphones but just pure garbage on the line out. Is there something i'm missing?

Setup:
    Two 1200 MK7's + Bronze Ortofon Carts.. not cheap and should sound amazing
    Two DJ Art II phono pre-amps (i've tried with and without these into the vestax does the same thing)

I assume you are plugging into the line inputs on the mixer when using the ART preamps.
    Also assume you are plugging into line inputs (not phono) on all the amps you have tried.

That being the case, since it sounds good in headphones, your mixer probably has issues and needs repair.

But post a couple of pics or give more detail on the cables you are using, inputs you are using on the amps, brand/model of amps and any settings.

I'm using these RCA's https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/connect-it-e/

So i tried the phono inputs (skipping the DJ ART II's) and got the same problems.. actually sounded worse, but that's probally just an external pre-amp vs the built in one.

Is there a directory of good repair in USA on this forum?