Thread: One of my tracks on sound cloud shows up on digital record pools. Should I care?

One of my tracks on sound cloud shows up on digital record pools. Should I care?

I'm sure they are illegal af and not official in any way but I give my tracks are free to download. Curious if anyone ever had that happen or if you guys had opinions on this.

I can't chime in with much, except even though your tracks may be free to download, that doesn't mean they are free to distribute.

I would have an issue with this. I'm not sure what recourse you have though.

This kind of reminds me of when pictures of my very mixer showed showed up on Ebay by someone selling a PMC-37. It irked me and I reported it. Not much happened as I didn't even get a response from Ebay.
    Last edited by Mark_Spit; 02-12-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    This kind of reminds me of when pictures of my very mixer showed showed up on Ebay by someone selling a PMC-37. It irked me and I reported it. Not much happened as I didn't even get a response from Ebay.
    lol it did irk me a bit to see that and like you said, probably wont be able to do anything about it.

would've been nice to get a msg letting me know at least.

When you give away free stuff, expect parasites who will piggyback for profit.

Tag your free tracks, watermark your pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    When you give away free stuff, expect parasites who will piggyback for profit.

Tag your free tracks, watermark your pictures...
    It only bothers me because these sites are behind a paywall, a monthly subscription for access to downloads. It wouldn't have bother me if there was free access to it. Both pools have the same pay structure and setup so they're probably owned by the same ppl/company.

At the end of the day, my hopes is to have DJs actually uses my tracks in a mix so I guess I can't be too annoyed by this. Just wanted to vent at the moment.
    Last edited by Rek_Aviles; 02-12-2020 at 12:21 PM.

I find digital record pools shady by nature.
    Given that they are run for profit and I'm guessing 90% of their userbase are not working DJs...to me its little better than piracy.
    I can't count the amount of times DJs that are starting out are extolling the virtues of boosting their collection via record pools on this forum.

Seeing that the record pools probably don't give you or many other artists a cut, I'm thinking that they operate themselves as thieves.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I find digital record pools shady by nature.
    Given that they are run for profit and I'm guessing 90% of their userbase are not working DJs...to me its little better than piracy.
    I can't count the amount of times DJs that are starting out are extolling the virtues of boosting their collection via record pools on this forum.

Seeing that the record pools probably don't give you or many other artists a cut, I'm thinking that they operate themselves as thieves.
    A few years ago I bought a 12" vinyl single of Gangnam Style that was obviously pirated. Because one of the remixes just abruptly stops before the song is finished.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.