Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Mixer for Nightclub...

Looking for Mixer for Nightclub...

So I am the house DJ at a local nightclub... their equipment is decent but the mixer has shit the bed... I'm looking for something that will run 8 separate speakers.

These are the speakers:

(4) JBL EON 615's
    (2) JBL PRX800'S
    (2) JBL PRX815'S

I need to have outputs for each of those... looking to spend under $500 if possible.
    This will be connected VIA RCA through my controller and into a laptop. So I'm just looking for a solid mixer that I can plug all the speakers into.
    Was using the Behringer Pro Mixer 2000.

I don't think I have ever seen a DJ mixer with 8 separate outputs and I kinda doubt you need that many. How are all these speakers arranged in the venue? What is the model number for the current mixer?
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    I don't think I have ever seen a DJ mixer with 8 separate outputs and I kinda doubt you need that many. How are all these speakers arranged in the venue? What is the model number for the current mixer?
    The speakers are arranged with the smaller stacks (mids/highs) ontop of the larger stacks (subwoofers) and there are 2 more speakers hung on the wall in the back of the room and 2-3 more off in the distance in the other rooms. They all use XLR or SLT wiring. The mixer is a Behringer Pro Mixer 2000DX.

There (2) of these in the front, and 2 of the smaller mid/high speakers hung on the back wall, and 2-3 more smaller ones in the other rooms...:

Just wondering what I would need to hook all of these into my controller, we were using the Behringer 2000 Pro Mixer DX like I said, but it sounds wonky and one of the inputs is loose.
    Last edited by jbinn; 02-06-2020 at 09:51 AM.

I think you should be looking for an audio splitter or distribution mixer along with a new DJ mixer.

The dancefloor stacks will be driven by the main outputs of the mixer.. 1 to each side and then a short jumper from the sub to the top. All the other speakers are typically driven from a separate mixer output like an AUX or Control room or Monitor output, but since they are spread around in different rooms then it's likely individual level controls will be required, and that is usually done with a zone controller or mixer/splitter. How are all these speakers connected and controlled right now?
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    The dancefloor stacks will be driven by the main outputs of the mixer.. 1 to each side and then a short jumper from the sub to the top. All the other speakers are typically driven from a separate mixer output like an AUX or Control room or Monitor output, but since they are spread around in different rooms then it's likely individual level controls will be required, and that is usually done with a zone controller or mixer/splitter. How are all these speakers connected and controlled right now?
    The speakers are each plugged into the mixer, some of them arent working and only work if the cable is plugged half way in. So what you're saying is I can just plug the 2 main speakers in? then jump the subs and other speakers off each other? If that's the case then that's easy enough, we have plenty of cabling.

So do I just plug one of the speakers in the Main Outputs on the mixer VIA XLR or TLR cable and then I jump all the other speakers off each other? Is there a specific way to do this? What are these Zone Controllers? We already have a Behrenger DX2000USB like I said, so I mean if that will work for my needs, I'll stick with that if possible.
    Last edited by jbinn; 02-08-2020 at 01:50 AM.

I use a controller, so dont need a DJ mixer... We are using the Mixer as a splitter, sort of. Is that the wrong way tog oa bout it? Would a distro mixer be better? We dont have DJ's everynight so sometimes we run off the phone or TV and the mixer allows us to control low/mid/high without having a controller or DJ mixer.
    Last edited by jbinn; 02-08-2020 at 01:59 AM.

This is what the back of all the speakers look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    I think you should be looking for an audio splitter or distribution mixer along with a new DJ mixer.
    Bingo - even if you could find a DJ mixer with the features, the distribution and system balance isn't something I would want ready access to.

My solution would a "controller" and use it as a Zone Controller. It'll have the features you want in it, gain control on the outputs and separate parametric eq on each output as well as parametric and graphic eq on the inputs - for collective system control. There are relatively easy to setup. For DJ systems I use dbx Driverack PA2's. Find one used on eBay or Reverb. Get one with the measurement microphone and you will be able to use the pink noise generator to tune things up real nice.

A PA2 will offer full system control to include time delays and sub outs for full system alignment and can be password protected. I use Driveracks in all the playback systems, both mobile DJ setups and have 4 of them in my home music system.

The newest PA2 model has an ethernet port on the back, can be accessed directly with network cable from PC, MAC or laptop with an easy to use dbx application control software. For the DJ systems, I use a WiFi router and tune them using an iPad. With 3 pairs of stereo outputs, you could use 4 in the main room and 2 in the back room for full system setup and balance as well as individual eq and limiting/compression.

They are a very popular controller, lots of them out there - which means you can find used in great condition for ~$250 all day long.

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=Driverack%20PA2
    Last edited by SWS Productions; 02-08-2020 at 09:03 AM.

A Behringer DCX2496LE will do this easily. Each output (3 pairs) can be customized and locked down after setup.
    QSC GTDaudio B52 Numark NS7 American DJ Hercules 4Mx ACER Behringer Peavey Koss CerwinVega Selenium VDJ= Sweet Music
    Owner DRZ Inc.