Thread: Looking For Quality DJ Table or DJ Console

Looking For Quality DJ Table or DJ Console

Hello,
    I've been looking for a good quality DJ Table or DJ Console for my equipment. I no longer DJ in clubs but still enjoy practicing the craft at home. There are many places in the UK or Germany to buy nice DJ Tables but the shipping cost is almost as much as the DJ Table. Here in the USA I have only found one source in California named Dual who builds quality DJ Tables. Dual DJ Tables are outside my price range of $1,000 - $1,700. So I have hoping to get advice for fellow DJs who may know of a source to purchase one in the USA. I have posted a couple photos of what I am looking for. Since I still use only vinyl the configuration would be the standard two technics and mixer. Thank you in advance for reading my post and thank you VERY much to those that respond.
    DJ_TMR
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ikea Kallax?

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    Ikea Kallax?
    Hi, Yes, I've seen the Ikea ideas but I'm not good with those kind of tasks and I don't have time. So I have to buy one already built. The Ikea tables look nice.
    DJT

If you live in a city have you tried showing a picture to a local cabinet maker and asked how much it would cost to have it built? I would think it would be less than $1,700 since they are used to making some pretty complicated china display cabinets.
    Last edited by Windows 95; 02-03-2020 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Changed "since the are" to "since they are".
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Yeah, you're looking at about 500 dollars in parts. So a cabinet maker can knock that together in a day or so for about another 500.

I recently put together some Ikea.
    The Flysta shelving is cheaper than Kallax - but beware - it is too small to hold records straight. However if you take out the middle shelves it can hold a few runs of records and makes a capable stand for auxilliary equipment. Abeit not as stable as the bench I put my turntables on.
    Billy bookcases hold a couple of runs of records, because their shelves can be set at different levels, and are super cheap.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_TMR View Post
    Hi, Yes, I've seen the Ikea ideas but I'm not good with those kind of tasks and I don't have time. So I have to buy one already built. The Ikea tables look nice.
    DJT
    You can pay someone to assemble it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    If you live in a city have you tried showing a picture to a local cabinet maker and asked how much it would cost to have it built? I would think it would be less than $1,700 since they are used to making some pretty complicated china display cabinets.
    +1 for this. Another advantage of getting a deck table hand made is that you can build it at a particular height too.
    Even a 1" thick coffin-size piece of MDF screwed to the walls, with some wood legs, can make a great DJ'ing table. If it's attached to a house wall it'll make it nice and sturdy. This is what I use at present. It dosn't look fantastic but it's cheap, does its job and was easy to put up. The wood plus labour cost me less than £200 for the whole lot.

DJ_TMR, those which you've shared - are awesome.