Thread: Bad contact vci 100mkII

Bad contact vci 100mkII

Hello!

I'm a beginner at turntables but I have recently acquired a second-hand vci 100m2. It worked perfectly well for some weeks, even though I already experienced some lagging in the sound. But now the sound is always lagging greatly. I think the issue comes from the usb cable because as I move it I can hear it sometimes getting better. So I have tried buying a new cable but still the same issue. My conclusion is to think that there is a bad contact on the usb plug on the controller. Do you think there is a way to fix this or should I just get a new controller ?
    Also, the sound works perfectly fine when I use the built-in output of my computer but when I want to use the sound card from the controller then only the glitching comes in which is not practical at all if I want to use the headphones from the controller ...
    By the way I'm using Traktor LE (the software that was given with the controller); but I've also tried with the free versions of serato and virtual dj and the same problem comes up

Thanks in advance for your answers !
    Last edited by blup59; 01-31-2020 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blup59 View Post
    Hello!

I'm a beginner at turntables but I have recently acquired a second-hand vci 100m2. It worked perfectly well for some weeks, even though I already experienced some lagging in the sound. But now the sound is always lagging greatly. I think the issue comes from the usb cable because as I move it I can hear it sometimes getting better. So I have tried buying a new cable but still the same issue. My conclusion is to think that there is a bad contact on the usb plug on the controller. Do you think there is a way to fix this or should I just get a new controller ?
    Also, the sound works perfectly fine when I use the built-in output of my computer but when I want to use the sound card from the controller then only the glitching comes in which is not practical at all if I want to use the headphones from the controller ...
    By the way I'm using Traktor LE (the software that was given with the controller); but I've also tried with the free versions of serato and virtual dj and the same problem comes up

Thanks in advance for your answers !
    Are you using an original Vestax cable? If not try using one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk