Thread: Headphones

Headphones

Hi guys

I'm looking for a pair of headphones (Max budget is around £70) I want to get them from here as I have loyalty points I want to spend: https://www.thedjshop.co.uk/dj-and-studio-headphones

I would prefer ones that don't have big cups as some look massive & also maybe ones which the cups can rotate 180° ?

What you guys recommend?

Thanks
    Last edited by tizdaz; 01-26-2020 at 06:13 PM.

If you can raise your budget just a little bit, Sony MDR7506...

I'd say you're best off maybe trying to get together a bit more and get yourself a pair of Sennheiser HD25, you can get them for about £125 but they will definitely last you years, maybe a decade or more if you take care of them. I have a pair myself and mine has lasted 5 years with absolutely no problems and they sound excellent and are LOUD!!!

hi guys, cheers for info

i forgot to mention that i will only be "bedroom" mixing so to speak so i dont think im going to need anything that i would need at club level, so want to try and keep budget at around the £70 mark! Also i want to get them from the site i mentioned above as i have points to spend there to get discount, unfortunately they dont stock Sony headphones.

cheers

the good thing about hd25 is that all the parts are available on ebay

Most people on here seem to recommend Sennheiser HD25.

For spending a few quid more than a cheap pair of headphones, you end up with something that has been at the top of the game for 30-odd years.
    You will replace the other headphones at some point.
    For DJing, you will pretty much never replace HD25 headphones, I've had mine for 20 years.

So from that point of view you are actually saving yourself money.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

The reason DJ's recommend the HD25 headphones is that they not only sound good, but if you sit on them, or step on them, they won't break. A lot of headphones are made of plastic, and if you sit on them or step on them, the ear piece will snap off and then you will be buying a new set of headphones.