Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Technics 1210 mk7 ..quick review!

Wow! Big difference!

Finally some result. I was talking turntables with some friends yesterday evening. One said he wanted to get a technics for his living room hifi, I told him your story and to buy second hand

Technics say is an "Optical Illusion" lol
    I would have called them a bunch of crooked amateurs.

Now if the pitch shows no dead spot on the new pair - that would be hilarious. Or you are getting just the platters swapped?

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    Now if the pitch shows no dead spot on the new pair - that would be hilarious. Or you are getting just the platters swapped?
    Well, i was told to send the complete decks back for an exhange, but then in an email i was tild i can just send platters for exchange! So im not sure if i should replace complete decks or just platter! Last thing i want is a set of decks with the pitch worse! lol.. But i dont think pitch could be any worse than what mine is at mo so will prob exchange complete decks

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

I'd just exchange both whole decks if i were you. If the platters on both new ones are better, then maybe the pitch will be as well.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

The pitch will be the same most probably, so yes, exchange the whole decks.

Hi mate
    Could you please update us with your news on this?
    Also, please check your private messages :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    just another quick update,

Technics have said to a customer via email (so it's in writing) that they are aware of the pitch issue (dead spot) & are working to resolve it! ...so there maybe a recall for those of us who have this prob or there maybe a software update made available via the usb/service link under the platter?

But if Technics have said they are aware of the issue & working on a fix this is as them admitting that this is a problem. Time will tell i guess
    Hi mate
    Also, please check your private messages :-)
    Last edited by Manu; 04-14-2020 at 06:00 AM. Reason: POSTS MERGED

Your posts have been merged.

Tizdaz has not been here since

Last Activity 02-26-2020 01:10 AM

Random private messages to people who are not here means you might wait here a while.

He sent the platters back on the last week of February.
    Last edited by Manu; 04-14-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Finally some result. I was talking turntables with some friends yesterday evening. One said he wanted to get a technics for his living room hifi, I told him your story and to buy second hand
    I would have called them a bunch of crooked amateurs.
    Technics has always made both budget hi-fi components and higher-end hi-fi components. I think the SL-1200 has probably moved to the budget line up with the MK7.

Sansui and Kenwood did the same thing except with their whole line up.
    They both used to be on the same level as Marantz, Harman Kardon, Technics, and Nakamichi.
    But became on the same level as RCA, GE, Philips, and Sound Design by the 1990s.

I bought a tray-loading Sansui programmable record player in the late 1980s expecting a higher-end turntable since I had a nice Sansui amplifier in the 1970s. What I got was a cheaply built record player that cost as much as a higher-end record player.
    Sansui was still getting higher-end prices at that time based only on the branding reputation they had built.

Sounds like maybe Technics has said screw the build quality to the SL-1200 market. If they want build quality they should just buy our $10,000 SP-10R or our $18,000 SL-1000R.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

I don't think Sansui has been worth a mention since the 80s... Same for Kenwood, they done some midrange stereos and car audio in the 90s, they had a couple of hifi amps worth a listen but that's about it.

Nevermind whatever Technics's marketing approach is on this one, they should pay attention to the competition instead. They lost a chunk against Stanton and the super OEMs, now they have Pioneer in front of them.