Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Technics 1210 mk7 ..quick review!

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    Am i right in thinking that i should not have to wait for them to be sent to technics as i have only just bought them so i should be allowed to just get them replaced with another (non dodgy!) pair straight from the shop?
    That's going to depend if your country has lemon laws or not. In the USA lemon laws vary from state to state. But for most of them it's anything over a certain dollar value can be exchanged for free for 30 days if the fault is from the manufacturor.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    but he said i can return them to the shop and then he would send them off to technics to be looked at as they are under warranty for 4 years!?
    Sometimes that is the best option. I had an Ilo TV that lasted for over 13 years. (An old Walmart brand that no longer exists.) The vast majority of them died after the first year or two.

But since mine died shortly after I got it and when my local TV repairman from Radio Shack came to my house to fix it he said that the brand doesn't sell a repair manual. And that it's probably faulty soldering.

So I mailed it off to California & it came back a month or two later. Had it died in 30 days and I exchanged for a new one at Walmart that new one would have died within a year or two.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Ive had a reply from technics! Although its just thrm asking for a few more details and ive also sent them a link to my vid, so at least i now know they are investigating my issue(s)..lets See what they say!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Good luck tizdaz!

At least they're taking an interest in your case.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    Good luck tizdaz!

At least they're taking an interest in your case.
    indeed! i was quite surprised to actually get any response, let alone this quick!

just quick update, had another reply from Technics after sending them some video, they are now investigating & will let me know the outcome.

At this point I have decided that if they do not replace my decks (or at least platters) with ones that have the dot matrix in a perfect straight line like shown on all there promo vids for these decks, then i will return them to the retailer for an exchange for a different brand deck altogether, im not sure which as i bought these on finance so not sure how it will work? I dont want a refund just an exchange. Yup i would defo love a pair of mint MK2's...but like i say these were bought on finance so i think i would have to go down the exchange route & replace with another deck from the store.

Dont get me wrong, i do like these decks, the pitch is spot on & stays locked etc & i do like the look of them, but i refuse to pay what they cost when it seems to me they don't give a toss about quality control, in all honesty when my platter is spinning it makes my decks look like some cheap knock off! so im not impressed anyway will see what happens!

I found a video of another MK7 owner with the same platter dot issue. It doesn't seem to be as bad as yours though.

At about the 6:40 mark:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    I found a video of another MK7 owner with the same platter dot issue. It doesn't seem to be as bad as yours though.

At about the 6:40 mark:

yeah i came across that vid & seen a few others with same problem, but mine seems to be worse out the lot lol! im still waiting to hear back from technics :/

Hi guys, OK a little update, been a week since Technics last replied which was to say they were "investigating it" So I decided to give them a ring & chase it up...

I was told it has been investigated (nice of them to let me know by email instead of having to make this phone call!) & that the Turntables are working as should be! & that the wave effect I'm seeing is an "Optical Illusion" and the usual "the mk7's have been designed with the input of top DJ's" again...I've heard this many times before...be interesting to know who exactly these "Top DJ's" are that they are talking about! ...Now then, I've watched a few vids online with people who have exactly same issue & guess what Technics also told them!? ...yup you guessed it "An Optical Illusion" which is even more comical as in one of the vids that someone posted they actually measure the dot's gap between them to prove it was no optical illusion! ..I told the guy this over the phone & said to him that my eyes are perfectly fine & this is no optical illusion & I said I'm more than happy to upload another video with myself measuring the gaps between dots to prove it's not an optical illusion as this is what you keep saying to your customers who have this problem, so he then changed his tune to say "this is how they are designed" ...did I just hear that correct which is what I asked him "They are design with the dots to be inconsistent & wavy" ..he simply replied Yes! I then told him exactly what I (& many others) have said.

But that's not all! (sounds like an advert phase!!) .. I then mentioned that all the Promo Videos I watched of the 1210 mk7's at events and exhibitions with top brass showing off their mk7, the platters are 100% spot on, dots as they should be etc... his reply was "it's because the videos have been edited!!) ..I couldn't believe what I was hearing at this point from a guy at Customer Service from Technics/Panasonic actually saying all the Promo vids of there mk7's have been edited to basically make them look better! ...but we all know that's BS! ...(basically he was correct that they have been edited....but not the video, more like the actual decks have been edited for the video!) the MK7's in all the promo vids will have gone through quality control with a fine toothbrush to make sure everything about them especially visually is 110%!

Anyway after what I had just heard, I asked how I go about a refund as I've heard enough & he said if its within 30 days of original purchase I'm entitled to a full refund from the store, I bought them 15th of last month, so I have 2 days left.

So at this point I'm in 2 minds.. Firstly, I do really like these turntables, the only letdown for me is this issue with the platter. Secondly after what I had just heard from Technics is more of a reason for me wanting a refund then the issue it's self! So I contacted the store where I bought them from & in all fairness the guys at the shop have been brilliant & honest. They said they have another set at the shop, so they are going to check if platters on them are any better & if so will just swap them over which I'm happy with.

But to be honest, my thoughts about Technics/Panasonic as a company, is I will NEVER buy anything branded with either of them again. Disgusted with their Customer Service, They would rather me get a refund than just replace the platters with ones that don't look like the dots have been drawn on by a 5-year-old!

Anyway waiting to hear back from the shop now to see if the platters are any better on the set they have there, if they are not then I guess it will be a refund & will settle for another brand which I have no clue which at the mo! Originally I was leaning towards the reloops 7000 but I've read that beat matching on these is not too good as the pitch isn't very accurate etc compared to Technics.

My other alternative (which would be taking it to the extreme) is there're places online that do custom things with Technics turntables, so I could get my platters re-sprayed as the issue to what I can tell is overspray of the black over the silver dots giving the wave effect!

Anyway will let you guys know what happens!

At this point, I will say that anyone thinking of buying Technics 1210 mk7's, think hard, if you don't mind that the cosmetics of the turntables have done a drive-by at the Quality Control at factory so to speak then you will be happy as the actual TT is nice. But if you are like me & little things such as cosmetics OCD!, then I would avoid as chances are (unless your VERY lucky) all mk7's at present have this issue with the platters, unfortunately mine so far seem to be the worse out the bunch to the ones I've seen vids of! ...For almost £800 per deck, I think its disgusting that the platters are shipped in this state, even some platters I've seen vids of have the rubber on the underside of them hanging off almost!
    Last edited by tizdaz; 02-13-2020 at 11:19 AM.

That's some BS response. I'd go for the refund just out of principle.