Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Technics 1210 mk7 ..quick review!

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    6 & 7 is all good, its all as should be until i reach 7.5% (the display in traktor then shows its actually running at 8%), im not moving the pitch fader fast, just in small increments when i was testing it.
    The question was for Panotaker about his m5g's, but good you answered it too.

That wobble is a bit pronounced, but was also reported by owners of G and GR. Technics answered it's within tolerance. New pair may do it also. Shall you take the hassle of replacing? Tough one...Probably yes, if you can check them in store.

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    The question was for Panotaker about his m5g's, but good you answered it too.

That wobble is a bit pronounced, but was also reported by owners of G and GR. Technics answered it's within tolerance. New pair may do it also. Shall you take the hassle of replacing? Tough one...Probably yes, if you can check them in store.
    ah ok

yeah, i guess i could maybe ask for replacements, but like you say unless i goto the shop & see them in person as so i dont get another pair exactly the same! ..but im sure the shop will check them first to make sure they are not going to send ones with same issue! ..i was meant to ring the shop today but ran out of time so will probably ring them @ weekend & see what they say!

I just checked. It works just like you described. It's dead on up to 6%, after 6 it's not accurate. I then switched the pitch control to the 0-16% setting. Same problem, it is accurate up to 12% after 12% is not accurate. The 12% setting is the same spot on the pitch control that is on the 6% setting. So that tells me that the pitch control itself is not linear at the end of the pitch control. Now is that a problem? It hasn't been for me for 40 years, that's why I never checked. Personally, I think you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. Did you end up buying some mk7's? If you did, how does the mk7 react when you press on the platter, does it jerk like a mk2, or does it slow down smoothly like an SL-1100A. Let me know. Thanks.

That wobble is pretty bad, but the platter looks flat, so it's probably just the machining of the dots. Do both of your mk7's have it, or is it just one of them. If it is both of them, they probably all have the same problem.

I just checked vid too, and the platter does indeed look straight. Those platter dots tho

I'm curious if its just a bad batch of machined platters. I would hope so.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

I have seen better looking dots on bargain basement nasty decks. For the price paid, that is nowhere near up to Technics standards. Or any other genuine brand out there for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    I have seen better looking dots on bargain basement nasty decks. For the price paid, that is nowhere near up to Technics standards. Or any other genuine brand out there for that matter
    It's probably harder to make a die casting without straight lines than with straight lines. Especially considering the dots appear to still be lined up together.

Having been inside the tool & die room of a factory I've seen that they have a lot of high tech equipment for calibration. Not just laser lines and microscopes, but also hologram projections that help point out where things are off.

It amazes me how such a die casting ever made it to the factory floor. Unless maybe the dots are machined out of the plater after it's been cast. But that seems unlikely to me, it's an added step and would add a lot of metal shavings/waste/scrap.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

What amazes me, is that it managed to get past QC.

I'd say its more likely the spindle is off than the platter, but the platter does seem straight.
    Either way, when you pay top dollar for decks, I'd expect really high level QC. Not the case here.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Ok spoke to thedjshop in uk today where i bought my decks from, they say they forwarded my previous email to technics and they replied about the pitch issue and this is what they said basically..

The pitch is 100% accurate up until +6 and -6 after that it can varie and they are aware of the deadspot after 7.5% bjt the pitch still goes upto 8% and that this is not a fault but part of the design due to the way the digital pitch works.

To be honest i smell bs here if this come from technics, absolutely poor excuse. As for the platter he said thats the way they are now as they are made in malaysia! but he said i can return them to the shop and then he would send them off to technics to be looked at as they are under warranty for 4 years!?

Am i right in thinking that i should not have to wait for them to be sent to technics as i have only just bought them so i should be allowed to just get them replaced with another (non dodgy!) pair straight from the shop? But in saying this, i can bet 99% of mk7s will habe these exact same issues! Quite ironic this really, as originally it was the pitch i was concerned about, but like i said earlier, the pitch does work spot on to ne fair and its just that deadzone section which turns out to be part of the design! But the platter on kther hand is just very poor milling and lack of quality co tril which for the price they ask for these decks, this platter should have zero issues! ��

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tizdaz; 02-05-2020 at 05:20 PM.