Thread: Old School Disco Mix! (video),

Old School Disco Mix! (video),

Finally, I got around to putting up a new Old School Disco Mix. I put this one up in 4K, but youtube is still processing it, so the video quality is still low, but the audio is high quality, and that is what matters. I shot this with my new Black Magic Pocket Cinema 4K camera in raw format, which is all new to me. I had to learn how to color grade which took me a couple of days, and i Uploaded it in 4K, which took 24 hours with my slow as hell internet connection. Although most of the mix are old disco songs, I did put in the Bruno Mars song at the end (which I remixed), but it fits right in with the disco songs. For that song alone, I may get hit with a copyright strike, so you need to watch it pretty quick before youtube turns it off. https://youtu.be/PpFzH1-R9Ks if that doesn't work, click here:
    Last edited by Panotaker; 01-25-2020 at 06:22 AM.

I was wondering about you the other day. Thanks for putting up another mix.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Video looks good, angle works well, sounds good too.
    The mix ticks all my disco boxes, and those mixer knobs get a real workout.
    Great to see an artisan at work!

btw: I need the download.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post
    I was wondering about you the other day. Thanks for putting up another mix.
    Thanks, I'm still around, and do read the forums a few times a week. I don't post as much as I used to, but I do plan to put up more videos.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Video looks good, angle works well, sounds good too.
    The mix ticks all my disco boxes, and those mixer knobs get a real workout.
    Great to see an artisan at work!

btw: I need the download.

Thanks. One of my future videos is going to be about how to properly record a DJ video, so it sounds good, and it looks good, and it doesn't break the bank. This video was shot with a Black Magic Design Pocket Cinema 4K camera, which is an expensive way to shoot a video, and I don't recommend it. The camera is not too expensive, but you need a pretty fast computer to process the raw files, and that cost me a chunk of change, since I didn't have one, and I had to buy one. I ended up getting a top of the line iMac, which is super fast, but I needed a new computer, since my old computer is a 2012 MBP. The easy way to shoot a DJ video is to use a Sony A6400. I have one of those too, and that one is pretty much plug and play, and you can do all the editing on an old computer. I recorded this same video with the A6400, and I could have uploaded that video to youtube with no editing. As far as the download. I'll do this same identical mix on Abelton Live, (without the echos) and upload it to my web page for downloading. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.