Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dual DTJ301.1 USB

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    Unbeatable:
    https://www.recordcase.de/en/epsilon...ber=0020109967
    Funny, it's 10 euros cheaper if bought separately, ask them why, maybe the bundle has needles included.
    Soundcard https://www.thomann.de/gb/esi_maya_44_usb.htm
    This should technically work.

Note that the first concern I had was that the Maya 44 USB doesn't have RIAA phono-level inputs that most TTs have as outputs... which would usually mean that you'd need a phono-to-line-level adapter. It just so happens that the Epsilon DJT 1300USBs have line-level outputs as an option... so you don't need that adapter.

-KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    This should technically work.

Note that the first concern I had was that the Maya 44 USB doesn't have RIAA phono-level inputs that most TTs have as outputs... which would usually mean that you'd need a phono-to-line-level adapter. It just so happens that the Epsilon DJT 1300USBs have line-level outputs as an option... so you don't need that adapter.

Was thinking in case I opted for the duals either way, if MAYA44 was an acceptable option. Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by tgun750 View Post
    This actually looks like a really good deal! Btw, why are duals not good? I mean, I get theyre as starter gear as you can have, but they should do the trick, no?

Thanks!
    They won't do the trick because for djing and especially scratching you need a direct drive turntable with enough torque = response, that would allow you to control the tracks you play. Dual is belt drive and mixing on it is like walking on eggs. They behave differently under the fingers and you'll think you are not "designed for djing".

The recommended Epsilon surprisingly has the motor and the tonearm of the higher, so called super OEM decks, and that's what you need. It is incomparably better than the Dual. It may be ugly with poor plastic housing and other corner cuts, but for bedroom practicing and learning the skill it offers the most important features. Duals and similar are waste of time and money, they just look good.

Also the Epsilon mixer comes with innofader crossfader which is essential for scratching.

This is the perfect budget set for you to see if you are designed for djing, as you say.

Just to be clear - by 4 ins and 4 outs, you mean 4 lefts and 4 rights right? So technically 8 input and 8 output plugs? Does the ESI MAYA44 USB soundcard work for that? From what Ive read thats the general "entry level" soundcard DJs like to go with?

Regards,
    TGun
    It means 4 inputs = 2 per deck, one left one right
    and
    4 outputs = 2 per deck, one left one right

Maya is even pointed by Virtual DJ as one that works with it:
    https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Timec...uirements.html
    Not much choice of such soundcards, the rest come with software and are 3-4 times the price of Maya.

If you can extend the budget this is even better:
    https://www.recordcase.de/en/omnitro...ber=0050110023

Still the same motor and tonearm but in better isolated housing. This is a typical super oem deck, mentioned before. It copies the motor of Technics 1200mk2. You can find it under many different brands: SYNQ, American Audio, Audio Technica etc. Even Pioneer and Reloop use it.
    Last edited by stomp; 01-30-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Ok, just to rectify one mistake:
    the Dual is not belt drive, but a direct drive looking identical to their belt model. However, it's of a very weak type and everything said above about how it affects the mixing remains unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    Ok, just to rectify one mistake:
    the Dual is not belt drive, but a direct drive looking identical to their belt model. However, it's of a very weak type and everything said above about how it affects the mixing remains unchanged.
    Thanks a lot stomp, you are the hero I needed when I came here hehe! Also much thanks to everybody else who contributed to the topic, you've all been extremely helpful. I think I've found what I was looking for here, I'll get back in touch once I get the gear and try to plug it in hehe!

Regards,
    TGun

Was thinking in case I opted for the duals either way, if MAYA44 was an acceptable option. Thanks a lot!
    The duals appear to have a line out. As such, the MAYA44 should be fine.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

If you find used Technics mk2's for the budget - don't think twice, snag them immediately.