Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new scratch mixer

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post

I'd go Xone 23 with an Innofader.
    A&H has a great track record for reliability.
    Plus most people place A&H sound quality above Pioneer and bellow Rane.
    I'd try and get yourself a used Rane TTM56 it's a brilliant scratch mixer, or maybe a Pioneer DJM250, the crossfade curve isn't as sharp as a scratch mixer but I used to have one and scratched with it and it sounded excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred-Dibna View Post
    I'd try and get yourself a used Rane TTM56
    I recommend that in the second post of this thread. I have a Rane TTM 56S myself. (I had a small Vestax scratch mier prior to that.)
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

i ended up buying this
    https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/mixa...DJE0006021-000
    im short of money at the moment but it gets me going again i can buy a better mixer when i have more cash available

Quote Originally Posted by LeeJay View Post
    i ended up buying this
    im short of money at the moment but it gets me going again i can buy a better mixer when i have more cash available
    The crossfader in the original was a mini-Innofader but the MKII switched to a cheaper one since that crossfader cost as much as that mixer.

Sometimes you can get lucky with cheap equipment and it will last you until you can afford something better. I bought a Stanton dual CD player to replace my Numark dual CD player because I couldn't afford a Denon or a Numark and it's lasted me for probably 20 years or longer.

i ended up buying this
    Wow that's cheap, it must be average sound quality for that price hopefully it'll last but i've never known a dj mixer under £100 to last long. If you want a mixer that'll last decades you should aim to get yourself a Rane eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred-Dibna View Post
    Wow that's cheap, it must be average sound quality for that price hopefully it'll last but i've never known a dj mixer under £100 to last long. If you want a mixer that'll last decades you should aim to get yourself a Rane eventually.
    i bought it from here lol https://www.thedjshop.co.uk/mixars-c...-dj-mixer.html

That
    Mixars CUT looks pretty nice for £174 ($226) because it has a mini-Innofader & XLR master outs.
    The only drawback I can see is the brand, so reliability is kind of an unknown.
    Last edited by Windows 95; 01-20-2020 at 05:44 PM.

i know its cheap and not very good but im just going to use it until i have more money which will probably be a couple of months. i do have two other mixers, xone 4d and traktor z2 but they both need repairs. the 4d is out of warranty but the z2 will get fixed. anyway here is the review that made me decide to part with my money

I have a problem with this mixer, if i plug the phono leads straight into phono hardly any sound comes out when i put a record on. but if i plug my audio 8 dj into it i can use traktor with timecodes, anyone have any ideas what im doing wrong?
    Last edited by LeeJay; 01-24-2020 at 04:39 AM.

I have a problem with this mixer, if i plug the phono leads straight into phono hardly any sound comes out when i put a record on. but if i plug my audio 8 dj into it i can use traktor with timecodes, anyone have any ideas what im doing wrong?
    Switches on the back of the mixer - set to phono when coming directly from the record player.

As for the thing you are doing wrong... It involes the instruction manual.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix