Thread: Connect DJ Mixer to Home Reciever

Connect DJ Mixer to Home Reciever

I have a basic two turntable set up. Then I connected my DJ Tech DJM-303 mixer to my TX- 8220 Onkyo Reciever. I used two RCA cables from the Output Master on the mixer to the Line In on the reciever. Theres no sound. Should I be using the balance output and buy some 1/4 adapters for the RCA cables. I love this mixer and I'm so stuck. Please help?

You need to tell your receiver to send those "line inputs" to the "line outputs" on the receiver.
    It used to be the "tape in" selector on old receivers, I don't know where it's at on modern receivers.
    Last edited by Windows 95; 01-15-2020 at 06:57 PM.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

If you just want to play music connect your mixer's RCA outputs to the receiver's CD inputs.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    If you just want to play music connect your mixer's RCA outputs to the receiver's CD inputs.

what he said:

All the inputs are the same, line inputs, just labeled differently for convenience, except the phono input. Makes no difference where you plug the mixer. You are probably missing something else. Check the muting button on the remote or something.

Push the button on the receiver that turns the receiver on the source you plugged the mixer into.

Amplifiers usually refer to their sources with names, not just "line in". CD, DVD, BR, aux, video, SAT, etc.

As was said, connect the mixer's RCA main outputs to the inputs of any one of the receiver's analog inputs that isn't Phono. CD works great. Then set the receiver to that input. DISABLE any audio sound effect processing on the receiver (THX, Dolby Digital, etc.) so that there's no latency. You should be all set.

If there's no sound, use headphones to confirm that there's audio in the mixer, then in the receiver. If there's audio in both, then check your speakers.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...