Thread: Yamaha DSR112 and QSC KW122 comparability

Yamaha DSR112 and QSC KW122 comparability

Hello all,

I have a single Yamaha DSR112 and have been looking for another at a reasonable price. I haven’t had any luck finding one -market is scarce. The few that I’ve seen are at least $900 each. I’m very fond of the DSR112. Can I pair it with a QSC KW122? I’ve seen a video that said the two cabinets compliment each other well when the DSP is engaged in the Yamaha.

What are you all’s thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks,
    Que Yi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SPL specs for the QSCs are badly overstated.. they admitted this when the new K.2 series was released, so there wouldn't be much point IMO. The DSR gets a LOT louder.. I wouldn't be surprised if it would outrun a pair of KWs. Keep looking for another Yamaha.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    The SPL specs for the QSCs are badly overstated.. they admitted this when the new K.2 series was released, so there wouldn't be much point IMO. The DSR gets a LOT louder.. I wouldn't be surprised if it would outrun a pair of KWs. Keep looking for another Yamaha.
    Thanks Conanski!

Two different animals altogether.... The DSR112 does not do well full range, as they have very little response below 80hz. The KW does much better used full range. However, pair the DSR112 with a sub or two (and hi-pass it) and it will outrun the KW.
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

Quote Originally Posted by Al Poulin View Post
    Two different animals altogether.... The DSR112 does not do well full range, as they have very little response below 80hz. The KW does much better used full range. However, pair the DSR112 with a sub or two (and hi-pass it) and it will outrun the KW.
    Thanks Al,

I am planning to pair the tops with subs. I’m just trying to get something as close to the DSR without breaking the bank