Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reloop 8000 mk2's

I'd like to know in what are the Reloops better than anything Technics ever put out. I can tell in what are they worse.

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    I'd like to know in what are the Reloops better than anything Technics ever put out. I can tell in what are they worse.
    Some of these might be on the MK7.

The 8 large pads with RGB illumination can control over 7 different performance modes (Cue, Sampler, Saved Loops, Pitch Play, Loop, Loop Roll, Slicer), as well as 2 user modes, which can be custom assigned with individual preferred functions. Furthermore, by using the multi encoder it is possible to browse tracks directly from the turntable unit itself, and load them instantly to the respective deck. Thanks to its MIDI compatibility, the RP-8000 MK2 can communicate with every MIDI compatible DJ software. This way, an additional controller for performance modes is not necessary.

Platter Play mode allows users to control the platter's pitch via the performance pads, opening up new possibilities for musical live performances and turning the RP-8000 MK2 into a legitimate musical instrument. A total of 22 scales and 34 notes are at your disposal with an option to create up to 9 user-defined scales. The two speed select buttons can be used for pitch bending in Platter Play mode and also to respectively increase or decrease the audio material's pitch in steps of one half-tone. Furthermore, the platter's speed can also be controlled via an external MIDI keyboard.
    +/- 8% pitch
    +/- 16% pitch
    +/- 50% pitch
    33 1/3, 45 & 78 rpm
    forward and reverse
    connect up to 4 turntables together via USB
    higher torque
    adjustable torque & adjustable brake
    phono preamp

Technics = VW Bug
    Reloop = Chevy Mustang
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

The only two advantages Technics has over other turntables I can think of. Are the sound quality and their resale prices are always way overpriced.

Technics:
    better tonearm with legendary low friction bearings
    better motor with unparalleled speed stability and lowest wow and flutter
    better spindle bearings
    better isolation
    better platter (recessed and doesn't wobble)
    better overall build quality
    better looks
    original, in house design with 45 years of tradition
    excellent base for mods, dj and audiophile
    with 3 million units produced it will always be interesting for the aftermarket parts manufacturers even when Technics ends parts supply

Reloop: wannabe all of the above. A stolen Technics design poorly copied in a Chinese factory with obvious quality control issues. Compensates with unnecessary bells and whistles:
    50% pitch - what for?
    midi buttons - on a turntable? They should be a separate add on unit, like Traktor X1
    phono preamp - can't think of a scenario that makes use of it

etc.

Keep on topic please, chaps.

Irrelevant to the OP as the "classic" Technics 1200 is obsolete.

The Technics vs Other Turntable has been done to death, and never results in an objective discussion.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

hi guys, i see where your both coming from & appreciate the input etc

At the mo im leaning towards the Technics.. Mainly because I had the MkII's many moons ago & loved them so im hoping the Mk7's will meet/exceed my expectations, as they say "proof is in the pudding" which is why i've decided to go view one in person at a store so i can check it out for myself, I've come to realise theres lots of mixed opinions regarding the Mk7's some swear by it & some it's the opposite (unlike the MkII's where there was no contest!). If i dont go Technics then im kind of back to the drawing board as im not sure which one is best to get...

Reloop 7000mkII
    pioneer PLX1000
    Stanton ST.150MkII
    Denon VL12 etc
    ??

Which would be best option out of those decks mainly for mixing (will also be using them for DVS etc)

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure i get it right rather than buy blind & regret it!

Cheers again for info guys

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    Reloop 7000mkII
    pioneer PLX1000
    Stanton ST.150MkII
    Denon VL12 etc
    Denon VL12 gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    Reloop 7000mkII
    pioneer PLX1000
    Stanton ST.150MkII
    Denon VL12 etc
    ??
    Among these - Reloop.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Irrelevant to the OP as the "classic" Technics 1200 is obsolete.
    Just to clarify - except for the last sentence, everything else said is worth for the mk7.

There isn't a big enough difference between any of these to really recommend any of them over another. It's more a personal preference than anything else.

Denon VL12
    Pioneer PLX1000
    Reloop 7000mkII
    Stanton ST.150MkII
    Technics Sl-1200 MK7

It's kind of like choosing whether to get a GMC Yukon Denali or a Cadillac Escalade. Or whether to get Saran plastic wrap or Glad plastic wrap.