Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reloop 8000 mk2's

Reloop 8000 mk2's

Hi guys!

My first post here so hello from sunny North West (UK!) & sorry if this is posted in wrong section as I wasn't quite sure where to post :s

After about a 15-year break from DJ'n I've decided to brush the cobwebs off my vinyl collection & start up again. I know its now mostly digital etc but I have a huge collection of oldskool vinyl & in all honesty I do like my vinyl! But to throw a spanner into the worx, my partner also wants to give DJ'n a try, she has never DJ'd before, so I will be teaching her! \o/ (domestics inc!!) So I've decided I would need a setup that would allow me to mix with my vinyl but also allow my Mrs to mix digitally etc. The obvious solution would be to buy a set of decks for myself & a digi controller setup for the Mrs, but this would take up too much room as well as the cost etc.

So I did some research & came across the Reloop 8000 mk2's which seem to be what I'm looking for? Please forgive my noobness on this subject! like I say I've been out the game for past 15ish years, 1210's were my thing back then! so here's a few questions I would like to ask & hopefully some of you guys could give me a few pointers in helping me decide what would be the best setup!

First of all, my budget will be around £1700 ..for this I would like to try get everything I need including speakers/carts/mixer/decks etc (bedroom DJ) ..the Decks alone will take £1000 of that, so it will leave around £700 for the rest I need.

With the reloops, am I right in thinking that if I connect them to a mixer & the mixer to a laptop I can then use serato DJ for "digitally" mixing my vinyl that's playing on the decks?

But what I am more interested in with the setup, when my Mrs gets behind the decks, she will be using serato DJ & loading tracks up from that (as I will myself from time to time), but (this may sound daft!) would we be able to use the decks using a control vinyl (is this what a control vinyl is for!?) to mix the tracks that's been loaded via serato? .. I hope this makes sense? What I mean is, I load up tracks on serato, but I will use my decks/mixer as I would if I was mixing my vinyl, e.g.: pop need on the (I'm guessing control vinyl) record then Cue/Pitch control etc.

Do I need a DVS mixer? Or would the reloop RMX 22i be ideal, or what other mixer would you recommend for this kind of setup?

I will be getting some ortofon Concorde carts as this is what I used back in the day & love them! ...just not quite sure which ones as there are a few choices now, I was thinking of the Reloop Concorde Vibes?

Another "noob" question, again back in the day I had a separate amp which my speakers connected to & my mixer connected to the amp! Am I right in thinking if I get some monitor speakers, these just plug directly into the mixer (no need for separate amp) ? If so, again what would you guys recommend.. The setup will be for Bedroom mixing, so won't need anything that's going to make my nose bleed! But I do want a decent crisp sound etc.

Anyway Any info much appreciated, like I say... I've been out the game for a while but to add to the mix (no pun intended!) my Mrs also wants to get into it

Cheers

Daz!

Do you have any equipment left from back in the days? Is Serato already bought or you have yet to buy it?

hey, nah nothing at all except my vinyl! ..only reason why i thought serato was because it states this on there website so i thought it best to use serato:

"The RP8000 is taken into the exclusive "Official Serato Accessory" family, becoming the first ever Serato-supported turntable on the market. Use the RP8000 as part of your DVS set up with seamless plug and play integration allowing for previously unimagined creative possibilities. The MIDI control strip is now fully pre-mapped within Serato DJ Pro 1.6.2, offering all the trigger action you could need thanks to the 4 combinable performance modes - Cue, Loop, Sample and Slicer. "

is this more of a selling gimmick or am i best to go with serato?

But at the moment im still unsure if the setup i want requires me to have a DVS mixer or would a normal mixer such as the RMX22i be ok to use so i can use serato with the decks?

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    But at the moment im still unsure if the setup i want requires me to have a DVS mixer or would a normal mixer such as the RMX22i be ok to use so i can use serato with the decks?
    It doesn't matter if you use a Serato mixer or not. But if you use a non-Serato mixer you'll need to buy an audio-interface DVS (like a Denon DS1) between your turntables and you mixer.

You can also use a Pioneer INTERFACE 2 audio-interface DVS if you prefer Rekordbox DJ over Serato DJ.

Myself personally I would get the top-of-the-line Reloop mixer to go with the top-of-the-line Reloop turntables. And the Reloop ELITE mixer includes a built-in Serato DJ audio interface.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

It doesn't look like it has a built-in audio-interface. So you would probably need to buy a DVS audio-interface. But I could be wrong since it includes a demo of Traktor PRO.

Features
    Fully digital architecture for outstanding sound and flexibility
    4 Instant Sound Colour Effects per channel (Filter, White Noise, Bit Crush & Gate)
    iPad / tablet / smartphone audio split-input
    EQ-setting for classic or isolator (kill)
    45 mm club line- & crossfader
    Fader-start, reverse & curve control
    Innofader compatible
    Mic channel with 2-band EQ
    2 headphones outputs (6,3 mm jack and 3,5 mm jack)
    Balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) outputs
    Altogether 8 inputs (2x phono, 5x line, 1x combo-mic)
    Altogether 5 outputs (1x XLR, 2x RCA, 2x headphones)
    Club quality sound & built
    Optional Reloop RMX Innofader accessory by Audio Innovate available
    incl. Smartphone / Tablet Audio Split Cable and International Power Supply
    Dimensions: 12.6" x 4.35" x 134." (320 x 110.5 x 340 mm)
    Weight: 8.8 lb. (4.0 kg)
    Incl. Native Instruments Traktor PRO Demo DJ-Software
    Last edited by Windows 95; 01-06-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    It doesn't matter if you use a Serato mixer or not. But if you use a non-Serato mixer you'll need to buy an audio-interface DVS (like a Denon DS1) between your turntables and you mixer.

You can also use a Pioneer INTERFACE 2 audio-interface DVS if you prefer Rekordbox DJ over Serato DJ.

Myself personally I would get the top-of-the-line Reloop mixer to go with the top-of-the-line Reloop turntables. And the Reloop ELITE mixer includes a built-in Serato DJ audio interface.
    hi thanks for reply, Yeh id love the reloop ELITE mixer but that would take me well above my budget as i have around £1700 max for full setup the only dvs serato mixer ive seen within my budget is the AKAI AMX but im not keen on the small/slim design but for the price i cant complain, but ideally i would like something like the Reloop RMX 33i but will this work for DVS?

RMX33i won't work with dvs.

I'd go with Traktor instead of Serato, because for dvs you can use any soundcard (in a mixer or standalone) with enough ins/outs, which is not the case with Serato - it works only with certified souncards/mixers.

You can also have a dvs on your iphone/ipad. Imo that's the future. Check http://djplayerpro.com/
    You can even pay it monthly, about $1,7 if you don't wan't it forever ($90).
    Also there's free software mixxx.org
    Traktor, Serato, Rekordbox...are all paid about $100 if not incorporated in the hardware package.

Do you scratch or just mix? That may be determining factor when choosing the mixer.

Will your Mrs be using dvs for the digital or just sync buttons and no wheels of any kind?

I would look for used 1200mk2. Or new MK7 if you can find a deal. The Reloops are not on the same level and compensate with flashing mumbo jumbo.
    Used Concordes or OMs can be found cheap, just buy new needles if necessary. Or new OM Pro S. Or whatever you can afford from Ortofon.

Xone 23C would be my mixer of choice here. Keeps the analog signal in the analog domain, even when switching with dvs. Most other mixers convert it into digital and back to analog (dsp), not only when switching with dvs, but all the time.
    One con to note is that the gain trim for dvs/digital is done in the software, not really convenient without a dedicated controller, which is not cheap but needed anyway for the digital part, but Numark comes to the rescue with https://www.numark.com/product/dj2go2 You'll need to map it depending on the software you choose. There are ready mappings on the net that may need a bit of modding. This is not plug and play but is cheaper. And you get the buttons for your Mrs. Haven't tried it but it should work with Traktor, djplayer pro, mixxx.
    Its crossfader is not scratch friendly enough.

Speakers: consider Tannoy Gold 5

Imo this is the best you can get, although, depending on your needs and views, there are other possible combinations with their pros and cons.
    Last edited by stomp; 01-06-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks for reply!

I more into mixing than scratching, myself and my mrs will be using decks platter with dvs to cue, beat match etc as well as use effects that comes with digital setups, i was thinking of mk7s (i will be purchasing my setup on finance so used is a no go) my budget would be around 1700 (2000 max) trying to do a dvs setup with technics and a midi controller for effects etc will be difficult with my budget ☹️ which why i was thinking going with reloop 8000s, so im able to use the midi effects on the 8000s with other software (not just serato)?

Cheers 👍

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Check these packages:
    https://www.djkit.com/package.php?id=PKG-35644-17186
    https://www.djkit.com/package.php?id=PKG-35644-13673
    Maybe there are even better offers elsewhere.

so im able to use the midi effects on the 8000s with other software (not just serato)?
    There are no effects ON the Reloops, those are just buttons that work only with the connected software, best with Serato. I'd avoid them unless you want your tts positioned in battle style all the time and using Serato. They don't unlock Serato, you need a certified soundcard. It's better to have them on the mixer or standalone, if you need them. A modest version of them is that Numark controller I linked. If you use dvs just to mix a-b tracks you don't need them. Or your laptop keyboard can be used with the right mapping.