Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reloop 8000 mk2's

From personal experience I would not go for the most expensive turntable with the most bangs and whistles, above all, when buying on finance.
    Years ago I paid more than Technics for Vestax decks because they had more features. Now they are worth less than Technics even though they are getting rare.

Personally I would get the cheapest Super OEM decks I could find. A reasonable mid-range mixer with midi controls on the surface rather than built in FX. Also a DVS system that accepts VSTs for and midi control FX. If necessary a midi controller with pads/knobs for FX on the side.

The rest I would spend on speakers, amps and cartridges.

While 1.7K seems a ton of money, getting an entire setup at a high quality level would be tough. So I would suggest second hand.
    I would also not suggest financing toys - only finance investments. And only finance if it is absolutely necessary. Patience pays off in the long term, never in the short term.
    But that is just basic financial management of cost.
    Last edited by pete; 01-08-2020 at 10:54 AM.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Hi guys, cheers for info!

Ok heres what ive come up with...

Pair of Technics 1210mk7

Traktor z2 mixer (comes with everything needed for setting up my technics for DVS such as control vinyls, traktor license etc.

Concorde carts (not sure which ones yet as theres a few to choose from, i will be mostly mixing with just a little scratching, but will be using normal vinyl and also dvs.

Speakers, again im still deciding on which, will be monitors.

But im also looking at the reloop 7000 mk2s with same setup, but leaning towards the 1210s, i had 1210 mk2s many moons ago and loved them.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

If you go Traktor, Z2 is probably a best buy. Cons: has no send/return for external fx unit, can't be used with ios dvs if wanted in the future and is a digital mixer (matters only if you are analogue purist). Those are possible with the 23C. So it's up to your preferences.
    For the tt's I think Technics is a better investment, no matter there's some questionable criticism about it in comparison to mk2.

hi again guys!

ok finally decided on setup after the input from you guys above!, ive done more reading of reviews etc & it seems the Technics mk7's have quite a bit of bad press in terms of quality compared to there older mk2 brothers... also ive read that some have problems with the pitch being a bit "dodgy" i im kind of a little gutted as i really did enjoy my old mk2's back in the day so was looking forward to getting the mk7's thinking they would be better...seems not

So ive decided to go for the reloop 7000 mk2's, heard nothing but good reviews etc & they are much cheaper than technics, i wouldn't of mind paying the extra for Technics if the quality matched the price tag but as it at the moment ive decided on reloops as last thing i want is a pair of technics with the pitch playing up!

mixer is no change, im going for the Traktor z2, seems great for the price with whats included & will do what i need

cart/styus, im thinking of the Concorde MKII Club, but i notice Concorde also do a digital cart for DVS, what would be best to get? usage will be 50/50 in terms of DVS & Real Vinyl so im not quite sure which to go for at present im leaning towards the MKII Club, any ideas ?

Also what speakers would you guys recommend, it will purely be for "bedroom" mixing, back in the day i had Jamo 265's then upgraded to the 365's which were great! ...but i think this time around i would like something smaller in size... ive read some good reviews about these: M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitors? my budget for speakers at mo is around £200 for the pair.

cheers again guys
    Last edited by tizdaz; 01-08-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    cart/styus, im thinking of the Concorde MKII Club, but i notice Concorde also do a digital cart for DVS, what would be best to get? usage will be 50/50 in terms of DVS & Real Vinyl so im not quite sure which to go for at present im leaning towards the MKII Club, any ideas ?
    Even though they are called "Digital" they sound good on regular records. The "Club" is eliptical, you need spehiral if you plan on doing any scratching.

Review: Ortofon Concorde MkII Series
    13:25
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

ive done more reading of reviews etc & it seems the Technics mk7's have quite a bit of bad press in terms of quality compared to there older mk2 brothers...
    Those are highly questionable, people tend to judge too quickly.
    also ive read that some have problems with the pitch being a bit "dodgy"
    If you think of that dead spot between 7 and 8 % that's probably isolated case. Otherwise it is not dodgy. Many happy users so far and it just started to sell. I think there's an orchestrated campaign against it by the competition. It was off the throne for a while, they took the market slot and now they are afraid of it coming back and have it under scrutiny exaggerating every tiny difference compared to mk2.

So ive decided to go for the reloop 7000 mk2's, heard nothing but good reviews etc
    Your money, of course, but those are worse turntables by any means, beginning from the tonearm, platter, isolation, looks etc. Search again and you'll find the bad reviews too. Btw the lids need to be purchased separately.

If you don't like the MK7 try finding a used MK2, better investment than Reloop for sure.

Cheers stomp for info much appreciated! Think what im going to do is visit a shop that stocks both decks and have a good look at them and maybe demo them to get a feel for them 🙂 i still do really want the technics so will see!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

i still do really want the technics so will see!
    MK7 > MK2

And with the exception of sound quality... Reloop 8000 MK2 & Reloop 7000 MK2 > Technics SL-1200MK7

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    MK7 > MK2

And with the exception of sound quality... Reloop 8000 MK2 & Reloop 7000 MK2 > Technics SL-1200MK7
    So would you say the reloop 7000 mk2 are best or?

So would you say the reloop 7000 mk2 are best or?
    Vestax QFO, but they were discontinued a really long time ago and a used one can go for $3K to $4K each.

In my opinion, the Reloop 7000 & 8000 are a lot better than anything Technics ever put out. But Technics has a huge bling factor and a LOT of fanboys who think anything that's not an old used Technics SL-1200/1210 is junk.

If you plan on reselling them, definitely go Technics. Because people will always pay way too much for a used Technics.