Thread: Keep my Serato SL-1/TTM-56 or upgrade?

Keep my Serato SL-1/TTM-56 or upgrade?

I used the search function and didn't see a thread that covered this. My apologies if I missed one.

I was a long time scratch DJ and took a long hiatus, focusing instead on becoming a professional drummer. I still have my 1200's, Rane TTM-56 and Serato SL-1 box and I'd like to combine my scratching, Ableton (or Pro Tools) and my drumming to make a one man band.

Is the SL-1 still functional or do I need to upgrade the box? I would always be using my own gear so I'm not worried about compatibility with house gear at nightclubs or anything. Anybody still using an SL-1 or am I behind the times?

Oh and my sincerest greetings to the old friends who are still around from before the DJ Forums apocalypse.
    DJForums.com Scratch Collab -- https://youtu.be/jWRgahB0MGA

welcome back, u can still use ur sl1 but there are a lot of new serato licensed hardware u can upgrade to that could expand ur horizons and talent. check out here: https://serato.com/dj/hardware

Quote Originally Posted by dj symptoms View Post
    I used the search function and didn't see a thread that covered this. My apologies if I missed one.

I was a long time scratch DJ and took a long hiatus, focusing instead on becoming a professional drummer. I still have my 1200's, Rane TTM-56 and Serato SL-1 box and I'd like to combine my scratching, Ableton (or Pro Tools) and my drumming to make a one man band.

Is the SL-1 still functional or do I need to upgrade the box? I would always be using my own gear so I'm not worried about compatibility with house gear at nightclubs or anything. Anybody still using an SL-1 or am I behind the times?

Oh and my sincerest greetings to the old friends who are still around from before the DJ Forums apocalypse.
    I use a Rane TTM-56 and SL1. I've heard that the SL1 will not work with Serato DJ or with Serato Scratch Live's Bride or Link.

But you can still use your SL1 if you don't mind running Serato and Live on two different laptops.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Why not just get a newer SL2 sound card and keep your mixer, so you can use the newer Serato DJ. You can always add a small controller to it if you want to add all the buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Panotaker View Post
    Why not just get a newer SL2 sound card and keep your mixer, so you can use the newer Serato DJ. You can always add a small controller to it if you want to add all the buttons.
    Or the Denon.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Thanks for the info! Looking into the SL2 now.
    DJForums.com Scratch Collab -- https://youtu.be/jWRgahB0MGA