Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reloop 8000 mk2's

That's 25 eq curves, not bands. Seems to be helpful, although I'm not really a fan of dsp.
    All are near-field monitors, so to fill a big room with big sound it takes something different. But I expect a decent sound. For around 200-250 that's the best you can get new. Tannoy Gold 5 are interesting too, but not offered in your store and are quite new, not proven yet. A used hifi amp/speakers may offer more.

RP5 & Rokit 5 should be the same.

Cables: XLR female to XLR male, for each speaker. Like these, but separated completely or enough on the speaker side, maybe they are: https://www.thedjshop.co.uk/speakers...lrm-leads.html

hi guys!

i picked up some Rokit 5s ...£130 for the pair, in excellent condition so was hard to say no! ..thanks again for all your help over the past week or so, you lot are a top bunch, im sure theres going to be many more questions over the next few weeks regarding this traktor software as thats all newskool to me!

cheers again

P.S ive posted a few pics up in the pics thread!

Daz

im from north west uk, which dj shop did you go too to try the decks out? i have been to bop dj in manchester thats the nearest to me and its 40 miles away
    p.s they had a lot of really nice denon setups which i had a go on.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeJay View Post
    i have been to bop dj in manchester thats the nearest to me and its 40 miles away
    I have to go farther than that just to buy a cheeseburger.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    I have to go farther than that just to buy a cheeseburger.
    I hope it was worth it lol

I hope it was worth it lol
    It's the USA a lot of people drive 50 miles to work and 50 miles back home.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

im from north west uk, which dj shop did you go too to try the decks out? i have been to bop dj in manchester thats the nearest to me and its 40 miles away
    p.s they had a lot of really nice denon setups which i had a go on.
    Hi Leejay

yeah i was going to go Bop myself, but in the end I just purchased online from thedjshop! so far im impressed with the mk7's ...BUT i do have a problem which ive emailed them about, in terms of the pitch fader, i read that some people were having issues with the pitch not working past +7 ... & its happened to me! ..as soon i move the pitch past +7 it does not effect the speed of platter, and same for -7 too, ive i go past -7 ...nothing ..so the pitch slider between +7 to +8 & -7 to -8 does absolutely nothing! so will see what they say, but other than that, they have been spot on so far, holding the timing spot on, i havent used decks for a good 15-20 years i think, after an hour i was beat matching no probs & they were holding the timing \o/

where abouts are you from? im from Chester (living in Ellesmere Port at the mo)

The old Technics had adjustment knobs under the platter for calibrating the pitch.
    Can't see them on the MK7, probably because the speed is digitally controlled.
    However, it shouldn't really be an issue because the MK7 have a spitch range select button to go to + / - 16%.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    i read that some people were having issues with the pitch not working past +7 ... & its happened to me! ..as soon i move the pitch past +7 it does not effect the speed of platter, and same for -7 too, ive i go past -7 ...nothing ..so the pitch slider between +7 to +8 & -7 to -8 does absolutely nothing!
    Seems that all the new Technics models: GAE, G, GR, MK7 and the previous M5G behave like that, not just yours. There's probably some design reason for that. The 8 is at 7 and 7 is at 6,5. Basically between 6 and 7 the scale is narrower. The full range up to 8 is there. I believe it's not an oversight by Technics.
    Last edited by stomp; 01-26-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    Hi Leejay

yeah i was going to go Bop myself, but in the end I just purchased online from thedjshop! so far im impressed with the mk7's ...BUT i do have a problem which ive emailed them about, in terms of the pitch fader, i read that some people were having issues with the pitch not working past +7 ... & its happened to me! ..as soon i move the pitch past +7 it does not effect the speed of platter, and same for -7 too, ive i go past -7 ...nothing ..so the pitch slider between +7 to +8 & -7 to -8 does absolutely nothing! so will see what they say, but other than that, they have been spot on so far, holding the timing spot on, i havent used decks for a good 15-20 years i think, after an hour i was beat matching no probs & they were holding the timing \o/

where abouts are you from? im from Chester (living in Ellesmere Port at the mo)
    Hi tizdaz
    i live in ellesmere port too, i have lived here for 14 years. i live above the shops on pooltown road.
    i put chester because it makes me look posh what kind of music do you play?