Thread: Record vinyl on to laptop via mixer and audio interface

Record vinyl on to laptop via mixer and audio interface

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered before (i did search), but i am trying to record my old 90's house/techno vinyl to my laptop so that i can use them with my controller. Currently i have a Technics 1200 mk2 connected to an old Behringer DJX700 which is connected to a Cambridge Audio amp. I bought a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen usb audio interface as i was told this was all i needed but i am not sure how to connect everything together or even if i need an audio interface just to record vinyl to my lap top.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Harry

I'm in the process of doing this myself with a very similar setup.

I'm not familiar with that Focusrite, but if I'm not mistaken it looks to accept a stereo 1/4" jack so you're going to need a Y adapter - right and left RCA's to single 1/4" stereo jack. Plug the RCA's into the Tape out from the mixer to the 1/4" on your Scarlet then the USB to your laptop.

As for recording software; Audacity is good and it's free to download. Link: https://www.audacityteam.org/. It's what I'm currently using and have no complaints - it's pretty easy to use.

Post up any further questions should you have any.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Quote Originally Posted by harry_monk View Post
    Cambridge Audio amp.
    Which model?

Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen is a great audio interface, which can help with that. I would use it, cause it helps in minimizing some actions.

And well, if I would choose reliable audio interface, I would definitely ask my friends about their choices, and read reviews and comments from real users of those. Few days ago, I could find Apollo twin mk2 in the article on Stereo Damage website, and it seems that it's pretty reliable model, with nice compatibility and a lot of small adjustments.
    Last edited by Manu; 01-12-2021 at 02:48 AM. Reason: posts merged

Well that's nice but the thread is over a year old, you're replying to someone who never came back to let us know.

Besides, he wasn't asking for buying advice, since he bought the thing. Please read posts content before answering.

Join Date12-29-2019
    Last Activity12-29-2019 08:25 PM

Thread closed.