Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Back after 25 Years, I need Mixer recommendations for Vinyl and DVS.

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    Have you compared it with the 23?
    No I haven't, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred-Dibna View Post
    No I haven't, why?
    Curious if the price difference is due to more features only or there's also a significant improvement in sound quality / signature.

Curious if the price difference is due to more features only or there's also a significant improvement in sound quality / signature.
    It'll be better sound quality AND more features, I very much doubt Allen & Heath put the same digital converters in their bottom of the range mixer as their nearly top of the range mixers, if they did then the Xone 23C would have the same sound quality as the Xone 96 and the only difference would be features and a greater number of channels with the same circuitry quality.
    Last edited by Fred-Dibna; 12-28-2019 at 04:35 AM.

I very much doubt Allen & Heath put the same digital converters
    It's not about the converters (only), but about the analog circuitry. My guess is that 23 and 43 are sounding the same. If you add a dvs sondcard and fx to the 43 the price gets close to the price of px5. That's what raises the comparison question.

Xone 23C
    DJM-250
    DJM-450
    Is there an order these rank? Xone would need a Program purchased? To Digital DJ?

It's not about the converters (only), but about the analog circuitry.
    I already knew that but I didn't mention the circuitry because Allen & Heath use excellent circuiry in all their mixers the main difference between the mixers with built in audio interfaces is the quality of the converters. They're not likely to put exactly the same converters in for example the Xone 96 as they do the Xone 23C.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
    Xone 23C
    DJM-250
    DJM-450
    Is there an order these rank? Xone would need a Program purchased? To Digital DJ?
    I used to have the DJM250 it was a great little mixer with very good sound quality for it's price, a mate has the DJM450 and it's also great, you could buy Native Instruments Traktor which in my opinion is the best DVS software.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
    Xone 23C
    DJM-250
    DJM-450
    23C is analog and therefore better for regular vinyl. Program should be purchased. Inconvenience: it has no gain/trim for the dvs input, you'll need to regulate it in the software with the help of a additional controller or the keyboard on your laptop.

I already knew that but I didn't mention the circuitry because Allen & Heath use excellent circuiry in all their mixers the main difference between the mixers with built in audio interfaces is the quality of the converters. They're not likely to put exactly the same converters in for example the Xone 96 as they do the Xone 23C.
    My question was about comparison between the analog part of the PX5 and 23(C) as they are analog mixers per se. Converters in these mixers play role only in the music played from a computer, not when regular vinyl is played, unlike in most other mixers that are digital and convert the analog vinyl signal into digital then back to analog.

Converters in these mixers play role only in the music played from a computer, not when regular vinyl is played, unlike in most other mixers that are digital and convert the analog vinyl signal into digital then back to analog.
    I know that already, but the post is about vinyl AND DVS so the built in audio interface of the PX5 is where I was talking about converters and the D-A converters in the PX5 are excellent.