Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Back after 25 Years, I need Mixer recommendations for Vinyl and DVS.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Traktor Scratch A6 does 4 decks in DVS...

Hell, my Torq does 4 decks
    The Traktor A10 has been out of production for a while now.
    And I haven't seen anything from Torq in about a decade or longer.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Sorry I stand corrected! I swear when I looked last night it said 4 decks

And Torq died horribly ages ago.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

To use the Phases what would I need? What programs does it use? Do I need a newer mixture? A Laptop? Can I buy two now and then add two later?

Any program you want + a soundcard that works with that program. It's a replacement for your needles, not for the soundcard. Laptop required as usual. Adding 2 more later possible = buy another unit if you use 4 turntables. The one with 4 "sticks" doesn't work with 4 tt's, as two are just spare. Note that with Phase you can't make needle drop into the track.

I suggest you check the free mixxx.org, pideck.com or djplayerpro.com for iphone/ipad (paid).

I use an Allen & Heath Xone PX5 with Native Instruments Traktor Scratch Pro and it's fantastic, I have an Innofader installed in the mixer.

PX5 is an excellent mixer if you need 4 channels and effects + makes the dvs to normal vinyl switching easy while staying in the analog domain for the latter. A two channel version would be even more appealing if portability is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    PX5 is an excellent mixer if you need 4 channels and effects + makes the dvs to normal vinyl switching easy while staying in the analog domain for the latter. A two channel version would be even more appealing if portability is needed.
    I never use effects and don't need 4 channels but I still bought it because it's a fantastic sounding mixer, it doesn't have that cold clinical sound to it that many dj mixers nowadays have it has a slightly warm lovely sound. There really aren't many excellent sound quality dj mixers as good sound quality as the PX5 if you absolutely don't want effects being on a dj mixer. Even the smaller Pioneer DJM450 has effects, plus I know using the PX5's built in audio interface I get lower latency than I could get with using the Native Instruments Traktor 6 audio interface. Using my Intel i7 laptop and the PX5 I can get latency down to 4.7ms without any adverse effects or problems. I think most dj mixers now have built in effects using effects has kind of become a standard thing most dj's do, I personally never use them. Also you mention portability but a smaller mixer is only about 4" more narrow and about maybe about the same less tall which really isn't a lot to be honest.
    Last edited by Fred-Dibna; 12-27-2019 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred-Dibna View Post
    Also you mention portability but a smaller mixer is only about 4" more narrow and about maybe about the same less tall which really isn't a lot to be honest.
    That 4" doesn't matter since he's using four record players. As far as effects go I think he said one of the two mixers he already owns is a Pioneer DJM-800 which has plenty of onboard effects.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred-Dibna View Post
    I never use effects and don't need 4 channels but I still bought it because it's a fantastic sounding mixer
    Have you compared it with the 23?

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    That 4" doesn't matter since he's using four record players. As far as effects go I think he said one of the two mixers he already owns is a Pioneer DJM-800 which has plenty of onboard effects.
    Like i've already said I didn't buy the PX5 for it's effects I don't use effects, I bought it because Allen & Heath make excellent mixers with brilliant sound quality.