Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: out of DJing for 25 Years, traktor vs serato vs rekordbox Which should I go with?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
    That has been the most popular DVS with scratch DJs for years.
    SL4 allows you to run all four of your turntables.
    You can only run two turntables with SL1, SL2, and SL3.

I think it was discontinued, so finding a new one for sale might be hard.
    Last edited by Windows 95; 12-20-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

So if I found something like that I can use my Current older mixers? The Pioneer 450 does not require this correct?

So if I found something like that I can use my Current older mixers? The Pioneer 450 does not require this correct?
    You can only hook up two turntables.

The DJM-450 ($700) comes bundled with license keys for Rekordbox DJ and Rekordbox DVS.
    The DJM-S3 ($500) has Serato DJ and Serato DVS integration.

Myself personally I would much rather have a DJM-S3 than a DJM-450 since I prefer a clean layout over extra bells & whistles.

5 Reasons: PIONEER DJM S3
    4:09

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    Myself personally I would much rather have a DJM-S3 than a DJM-450 since I prefer a clean layout over extra bells & whistles.

5 Reasons: PIONEER DJM S3
    4:09
    why not go the extra features route and make more exciting cuts if u can? talking about getting the djm-s9 over the djm-s3 for example.

you can do so many nice cuts using it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrNgbeOe49Y

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    talking about getting the djm-s9 over the djm-s3 for example.
    I like that the S9 has a better crossfader and XLR outs.

Myself personally I would prefer to leave the clutter off the mixer and use a separate controller for the pads like a Pioneer DDJ-XP2 or a Pioneer TORAIZ SP-16.

Thank you guys for taking the time, I am so confused and man have things changed.

Rekordbox DJ and Rekordbox DVS
    Serato DJ and Serato DVS
    What is the DJ part vs the DVS part?
    The S9 looks nice but it is more then I want to spend now, Originally I was going to but now with all the other odds and ends I am getting/needing it is starting to add up since this is just a hobby. I can get away with a 2 Channel mixer.

You can get away with much less than you expect. You can even have dvs on your iphone and not need laptop. Do you scratch or mix only? Will you play real vinyl in addition to digital files? Do you need effects?

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    You can get away with much less than you expect. You can even have dvs on your iphone and not need laptop. Do you scratch or mix only? Will you play real vinyl in addition to digital files? Do you need effects?
    I think in one of the threads he said he wants to scratch and do some mixing.

Hi, I currently have a 5 Channel Mixer and a 2 Channel, Run 4 Tables 1200/1210's I have a lot of Vinyl and want to use DVS, I am leaning towards A Pioneer mixer but am open to ideas. I am thinking in my price range ( Only a Hobby now ) it will be a 2 Channel that Ill feed into my 5 Channel, Use two decks with the DVS.

Open to DVS program ideas also. I am thinking the Pioneer 450 ( I like the price of 250 better lol ). Thanks

P.S will these come with the DVS program and everything I need to get going?
    Last edited by Windows 95; 12-21-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Thank you guys for taking the time, I am so confused and man have things changed.

Rekordbox DJ and Rekordbox DVS
    Serato DJ and Serato DVS
    What is the DJ part vs the DVS part?
    The S9 looks nice but it is more then I want to spend now, Originally I was going to but now with all the other odds and ends I am getting/needing it is starting to add up since this is just a hobby. I can get away with a 2 Channel mixer.
    so dj is the original software. dvs is the extra feature/expansion pack of the software. if you want to use the dvs feature of the dj software, u have to buy the expansion pack license for it:

https://serato.com/dj/pro/expansions/dvs?dvs=dvs-ready

https://rekordbox.com/en/plan/pluspacks/#rekordboxdvs

p.s. u need to have the "dj" software before u buy the dvs license. U cant just buy the dvs license and start using the software. it wont work. think of dvs as an add on to the dj. ppl who need it add it on, others who dont need dvs dont. hope this helps