Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: out of DJing for 25 Years, traktor vs serato vs rekordbox Which should I go with?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East NY
    Posts
    127

    out of DJing for 25 Years, traktor vs serato vs rekordbox Which should I go with?

    Hi, I am looking to get back into DJing, I have a lot of vinyl but also would like to use my music on my computer, I would like to keep it fairly simple. What Mixers would come with these programs? I am leaning towards a Pioneer Mixer but I am open to ideas. This will be just a hobby now so i dont want to spend $2,000 Plus. Thanks

    P.S I am leaning towards the Rekordbox from what I have been reading.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Pioneer INTERFACE 2 $299
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Pioneer...ekordbox-dj.gc

    Includes license keys for rekordbox dj and rekordbox dvs
    Includes two time-code control vinyl records
    If you want to DVS all four turntables you'll need a 4 channel DVS audio interface.
    "In the early 1990s, the Bose AM-5 held some 30% of the US speaker market. Not Bose the company. Just the AM-5."
    ~ Audioholics.com

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    Pioneer INTERFACE 2 $299
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Pioneer...ekordbox-dj.gc



    If you want to DVS all four turntables you'll need a 4 channel DVS audio interface.
    usually hip hop djs have used serato and rekordbox was more on the edm side. but now i have seen a lot of ppl use rekordbox for hip hop as well.

    since ur a scratch dj, if u want to go with what has been working for the longest, go the serato route. i feel like they gear their software towards hip hop heads more than edm.'

    djm-s9 Unlocks Serato DJ Pro but u would have to buy the rekordbox dj license to use it with rekordbox
    Dj FaRhAn
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.
    My mixes

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    since ur a scratch dj, if u want to go with what has been working for the longest, go the serato route. i feel like they gear their software towards hip hop heads more than edm.'

    djm-s9 Unlocks Serato DJ Pro but u would have to buy the rekordbox dj license to use it with rekordbox
    Rane SEVENTY-TWO is by far the most popular with scratch DJs currently if using Serato.
    "In the early 1990s, the Bose AM-5 held some 30% of the US speaker market. Not Bose the company. Just the AM-5."
    ~ Audioholics.com

  5. #5
    i personally prefer the pioneer layout more than the 72, but to each their own i guess
    Dj FaRhAn
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.
    My mixes

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East NY
    Posts
    127
    If I went with the Pioneer 450 which I believe comes with Rekordbox can I use serato if I end up wanting to try it?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
    If I went with the Pioneer 450 which I believe comes with Rekordbox can I use serato if I end up wanting to try it?
    You would have to buy Serato.
    "In the early 1990s, the Bose AM-5 held some 30% of the US speaker market. Not Bose the company. Just the AM-5."
    ~ Audioholics.com

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    i personally prefer the pioneer layout more than the 72, but to each their own i guess
    Best DJ Mixer 2018: Rane 72 vs Pioneer S9 Review
    DJ AXCESS
    14:19
    "In the early 1990s, the Bose AM-5 held some 30% of the US speaker market. Not Bose the company. Just the AM-5."
    ~ Audioholics.com

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East NY
    Posts
    127
    Now what do controllers do? Do I need them if I buy a Mixer like the 450? Would I need that if I went with my current mixers or Older style non DVS Mixer? Thank you for all the help it is like I am starting from scratch, Things are so different.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
    Now what do controllers do? Do I need them if I buy a Mixer like the 450? Would I need that if I went with my current mixers or Older style non DVS Mixer? Thank you for all the help it is like I am starting from scratch, Things are so different.
    Since you already have four Technics turntables and you are going to be scratching a DVS is your best option in my opinion.

    But you could plug two of your turntables into a controller. This would give you the option of scratching on your Technics and the ability to control your software with the controller.

    A used Pioneer DDJ-SX would be a good cheap option in my opinion.

    Pioneer DDJ-SX2 With DVS Turntable Hook Up
    2:22


    Myself personally I almost never use my (Pioneer DDJ-SR) DJ controller anymore. Playing with the effects and the trigger pads is fun at first but like most new video games once the novelty wears off I find myself using it less and less.

    Now I almost always use real vinyl and on the occasions when I do play digital-tracks I use SSL1 (Serato Scratch Live). I use a DJ-Tech CTRL (DVS MIDI controller) with Serato. But Novation Dicers are much more popular.
    Last edited by Windows 95; 12-20-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    "In the early 1990s, the Bose AM-5 held some 30% of the US speaker market. Not Bose the company. Just the AM-5."
    ~ Audioholics.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
a